• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, jimjum12 said:

Wow .... ASM 63 in CGC 9.4 just hammered on Clink for over 6K .... not quite as eye opening as the Avengers 48 (CGC 9.8) for north of 26K ... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Glad this book is getting some recognition , BUT it is not really that uncommon in high grade in my personal experience, YMMV.  And I am sure as the years have gone one , many copies are in personal collections. (Mine aren't going anywhere ) Just another example of label chasers pushing yet another black cover issue into the stratosphere IMHO. 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:01 PM, UncleBEN said:

Glad this book is getting some recognition , BUT it is not really that uncommon in high grade in my personal experience, YMMV.  And I am sure as the years have gone one , many copies are in personal collections. (Mine aren't going anywhere ) Just another example of label chasers pushing yet another black cover issue into the stratosphere IMHO. 

I've gone through quite a few ASM collections that have walked through the doors around here, and it's almost never present above 9.0 ... usually not even that nice. That's only over the last 30 years that I've looked, though. I've seen a lot more high grade 51's for example. Would I pay 11K for a 9.6 ? Not likely. I would spend that on HG Atlas books or something. Still after more than 20 years of slabbing there are only 2 9.8's in probably the most slabbed run in comics. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I wouldn't mind knowing where the two 9.8's are .... 

Can anyone help me understand why ASM 124 is going so dang crazy? I know it's the first app. of Man-Wolf, but are people really that wild about the character? Am I missing something? It's one of the only holes in my run from #17-#128 and boy do I just not feel like paying these prices for that book.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, Yale Stewart said:

Can anyone help me understand why ASM 124 is going so dang crazy? I know it's the first app. of Man-Wolf, but are people really that wild about the character? Am I missing something? It's one of the only holes in my run from #17-#128 and boy do I just not feel like paying these prices for that book.

I think there's some movie speculation, perhaps revolving around the Morbius movie and "horror" sequels, tie-ins.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:29 AM, Yale Stewart said:

There a so many of these types of books now.  Minor characters exploding because of a hint/chance of a movie appearance.  God help us if they release a teaser with Mindworm or Banjo or Razorback.  

On 12/11/2021 at 11:29 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I don’t get it either. I have a raw 5.5ish copy that I would like to upgrade but I refuse to pay current prices for a higher grade copy. I have upgraded several other ASM books instead.

On 12/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, alexgross.com said:

picked this up today at my LCS, cloud 9 comics in portland, and was stoked to find it signed by stan the man! i dislike cover sigs but love em inside. 

6E0C219F-9A18-410E-835E-C30DF4B52A3B.jpeg

0F436198-B572-4A02-9C34-A4AE9F90C9B5.jpeg

I wonder when Stan signed that book. I’m guessing that it was many moons ago. I’ve never seen him add (the Man) before. Very cool!

On 12/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, JohnH19 said:

I don’t get it either. I have a raw 5.5ish copy that I would like to upgrade but I refuse to pay current prices for a higher grade copy. I have upgraded several other ASM books instead.

Even the mid-grades are crazy. It's so dumb lol. 

On 12/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, Yale Stewart said:
On 12/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, JohnH19 said:

Even the mid-grades are crazy. It's so dumb lol. 

I hesitated quite a bit before filling my 100-150 run with a 9.2 white paged copy for $300, coming up on 3 years ago. :cloud9:

These books were a flat line on pricing for 15 years before this latest run up.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:21 PM, sledgehammer said:

I hesitated quite a bit before filling my 100-150 run with a 9.2 white paged copy for $300, coming up on 3 years ago. :cloud9:

These books were a flat line on pricing for 15 years before this latest run up.

Which makes it just that much more unappetizing. I suddenly feel like 124 is going to be the final piece to complete my run based solely on the fact that I don't want to pay what folks are asking for it lol