• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 1:33 AM, piper said:

Looks great. Do I want to double dip? I already have the Omnibus (Vol 1-5]…

Sure you do! I’m quadruple dipping, maybe even quintuple dipping.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:05 AM, Webhead2018 said:

How many issues is in that and what's it called. If I wanted to look it up?

For real. I have the Omnibus Vol 2, but I need to get one of these for the earlier issues.

Question for all you ASM collectors:  How many of you all consider the annuals an integral or important part of your collections?  I’m just a few issues away from completing my 50 to current issue run and (except for getting an issue #16 at some point) I think I am going to stop there.  I’ve always been pretty ambivalent about the annuals and only have a handful of the ones that came out in the 80’s and 90’s.  There is still though, a tiny little nagging voice in the back of my head, that chimes in on occasion to suggest to me that my run is not a complete run without the annuals.  Most of the time I dismiss it but sometimes it’s harder and I actually start looking at listings and such.  Out of curiosity, who collects the annuals here, and who doesn’t?

On 12/31/2021 at 6:25 AM, Farayray said:

Question for all you ASM collectors:  How many of you all consider the annuals an integral or important part of your collections?  I’m just a few issues away from completing my 50 to current issue run and (except for getting an issue #16 at some point) I think I am going to stop there.  I’ve always been pretty ambivalent about the annuals and only have a handful of the ones that came out in the 80’s and 90’s.  There is still though, a tiny little nagging voice in the back of my head, that chimes in on occasion to suggest to me that my run is not a complete run without the annuals.  Most of the time I dismiss it but sometimes it’s harder and I actually start looking at listings and such.  Out of curiosity, who collects the annuals here, and who doesn’t?

it's a good question. i have felt the same way as you, not that important. i recently picked up annual #1 because it is so cool and i do collect the first appearances of all those early major villains, so it seemed important. but i do not feel compelled to get all the others. 

i think that once collectors reach certain goals, such as asm1-50, then it's tempting to expand the parameters, like adding the first 8 annuals, or whatever, just to keep it going. just my two cents. 

I don’t consider the annuals which only contain reprints to be important. I would say that 1-5 and maybe 6, which includes the reprint of the Sinister Six story in Annual 1, are must haves and the rest are take or leave.  Annual 21, with the wedding story, should be in every Spidey collection, though.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, Farayray said:

I started with a goal of 1-50, then it kept expanding ..... I am STILL collecting the current ASM books, so now I have #1- like 875 now (or whatever the number is at --- my LCS just keeps collecting them for me and I just keep paying ) .... but then that wasn;t enough, so I figured I need all the Annuals, which I am also right up-to-date with ..... and if that is not enough to get me committed to the comic-book psychiatric ward, I have a very extensive collection of 1963-1975 Spider-man cross-overs and "others" (Giant-sized, Team-ups, etc) ..........

so I guess my answer is yes, yes, yes to your question

:wavingwhiteflag:

Edited by fishbone