• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,627 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Thanks - it's a very sporadic effort because of the sheer size and cost of the issues I "need" across the Silver Age.  FF "holes" are 1-20 (haha), 23, 25-28, 39, 40, 46.  It's a lot.  Honestly, I also have low to mid-grade copies of 33 to the end of the Silver Age, with some pretty nice books here and there and certainly higher grades after about #80.  So I am also upgrading as opportunities might arise.  My "minimum" is 8.5/VF+ supposedly but I'm happy to get books over 9 when they present.  From a "let's be realistic here" perspective, I'm focused on actively seeking high grade 39, 40 and 46 at the moment and picking up any others opportunistically.  It's daunting.

Thanks for providing all that info.  I will just say that you're not far from completing #21 up, which is an impressive feat, and you are WAY better off saying you need 23, 25-28, 39, 40, and 46 than you would be if you said you needed #45, 48-50, and 52, that's for damn sure!!!  I haven't looked in a while so I don't know if #28 (vs. the X-Men) is pricey these days but the ones you still need beyond #20 are all reasonably affordable.  You're going to get there! 

On 1/21/2022 at 12:18 AM, Primetime said:

Here’s my 48-63 run….

92716B11-B3ED-49E0-9CA7-A6AA1027CC40.jpeg

I borrow a term from the late Mark Alexander and refer to the run of 44-67 as "The Apotheosis". These books were so good, and for decades very affordable. It stuns me that everyone didn't collect this run. It also stuns me that I never bothered to find better copies, but it is what it is.