• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

On 10/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Honestly I was just teasing you ... I apologize that my attempt at deadpan humor came off as a legit request.

Though I've never quite understood why people obscure their registration numbers, you're not the only one who does it and you are well within your rights!  (thumbsu

Oh jeesh now I'm feeling silly and stupid. lol

Tbh I've never crossed out the serial numbers before but as I was resizing these pics I stumbled across the pen part of the edit tool I was using and thought to myself oh wow now I can do that thing where I cross out the serial numbers for "safety". 

Was all proud of myself at first but then after posting I noticed none of the Greggy's and other posters with super nice high res scans had their serial numbers blacked out so why would anyone want my blurry lame pics for their super scam. :facepalm::bigsmile:

I was able to find out that the seller has a brick-and-mortar store. I contacted him/her to see if s/he would be interested in selling it to me outside of Ebay. I hope that s/he finds this acceptable. It's a win-win for both of us; the seller makes more money due to no Ebay fees, and I will save money from a lower price and no sales tax.

On 10/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, alexgross.com said:

let us know if you end up getting it! 

Well, I ended up trading instead of buying outright. I traded my FF #4 CGC 1.5 plus $200 for the FF #57 CGC 9.4. I know some of you will consider this sacrilegious, but hear me out.  I had planned on getting an upgrade of my FF #4 anyway. I will be looking for a 3.0 - 4.0 after the hype of the Wakanda Forever movie dies down.

The seller offered to sell me the book for $1,750 shipped. Had I bought it on Ebay, the asking price was $1,999, with shipping of $60+ and sales tax of $140, for an approximate grand total of $2,199. By contacting the seller directly, I would have saved $449 by purchasing it directly rather than purchasing from Ebay.

I will be putting my FF #4 in the mail tomorrow. When the seller receives it, he will then contact me. I will send him $200 using PayPal, and I should have my book in 5 - 7 days. And I will definitely post pictures.