• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2023 at 6:32 PM, jcjames said:

A promotional ad is not an "appearance"!! 

gifopolis.com_1712002.gif.f2119be8babdd2b0961aabfbd7cb4c44.gif

By "appearance" I didn't mean adding to or part of a storyline in continuity, I meant the "other" meaning of "appearance" ... to be depicted pictorially in the publication, which are clearly two very different, completely separate things. (thumbsu

My FF 9 is just a lower/mid grade copy, but it's from a collection that circulated in town back in the mid 90s, of which I was able to acquire about a half dozen copies of. The original owner's name appears to be Ramon Hull or perhaps it's Hall, tough to be sure. If you have any comics with this name on them, I'm an interested buyer. 

Fantastic Four 9 raw Ramon Hull.jpg

On 1/9/2023 at 10:12 AM, Frisco Larson said:

By "appearance" I didn't mean adding to or part of a storyline in continuity, I meant the "other" meaning of "appearance" ... to be depicted pictorially in the publication, which are clearly two very different, completely separate things. (thumbsu

I know. I was just mocking those who get all foot-stompy and "aktchually...!" whenever a preview or an advertisement is referred to as an appearance.  xD

On 1/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, jcjames said:

I know. I was just mocking those who get all foot-stompy and "aktchually...!" whenever a preview or an advertisement is referred to as an appearance.  xD

I kinda thought so, but I don't know ya, so I went the safe route. However, I DID want to say this:

After THAT outburst Mister ...

Group n.jpg