• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM # 3

11 posts in this topic

hey dudes, i have quite a little dilema..ive got this pretty little copy of asm# 3..its currently slabbed, but the slab is rickety.... while in slab it got a little chip on the top edge directly above the 2nd a in "amazing" now i kinda wanna resub it, but dont wanna get a much lower grade, so i need to know what u think? resub it and take a possible hit, or crack it and keep it raw?

bad scans i know, but its the best i can get

6e192af8.jpg

235cdddd.jpg

What's the grade now, the chip might not matter. Then again, if you're selling, that chip ruins the books as far as I'm concerned.

Why re-slab at this point?

It still looks great.

I'd either leave it as it or I'd just unslab it if that's the goal and save the label.

What's the grade now, the chip might not matter. Then again, if you're selling, that chip ruins the books as far as I'm concerned.

Why re-slab at this point?

It still looks great.

I'd either leave it as it or I'd just unslab it if that's the goal and save the label.

its a 6.5 now, but the slab is really loose, and this is one of my display books, and i like the looks of the slab

but if its gonna get dropped significantly, its not worth the cash, and ill just keep it raw

I'd be leaving it but inform any potential buyers to take care when handling and let them decide. Otherwise I can't see it receiving the same grade. My dilemma in that advice is that I ask myself, and I think any potential buyer would ask, " Is it truly a 6.5 anymore?? "

I'd be leaving it but inform any potential buyers to take care when handling and let them decide. Otherwise I can't see it receiving the same grade. My dilemma in that advice is that I ask myself, and I think any potential buyer would ask, " Is it truly a 6.5 anymore?? "

You don't want to ship it like that! 893whatthe.gif

Ask one of the green guys here if CGC will reholder it for free if something went wrong with the inner well.

thumbsup2.gif

see im pretty sure a 6.5 is out of the question, and a 6.0 wouldnt bother me , but a 5.0 however,how bad do u guys think that chip would drop me

That's a small chip.

It might still get 6.5.

I've seen 8.5s with big marvel chips. confused-smiley-013.gif

If it dropped more than .5 for that small chip you got screwed.

crazy.gif

thanks for the advice guys, im thinkin ill resub it, ill let u all know when it comes back

PM Steve about this.

If it's a faulty inner well or some error on CGC's part they probably will reslab for free.

But I think you need to get the OK from him before you send it in. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif