• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
9 9

2,038 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2023 at 10:59 PM, Professor K said:

I read another instance of this happening on these forums, and someone said it was just a mistake by CGC.  Otherwise, I don't know why it would get the Blue label.

On 4/2/2023 at 7:22 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Pretty crazy, eh?  They're looking for any "edge" to increase value.

They've really got carried away with the pedigrees. It doesn't mean anything special anymore. 

On 4/2/2023 at 5:26 PM, Sarg said:

They've really got carried away with the pedigrees. It doesn't mean anything special anymore. 

I also thought it was odd that a guy who writes/edits comic books needs a personal tailor.  But then, Stan had a pretty high opinion of himself.

On 4/2/2023 at 8:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I also thought it was odd that a guy who writes/edits comic books needs a personal tailor.  But then, Stan had a pretty high opinion of himself.

Weren’t both Joe Simon’s father and Mr. Lieber (father of Larry and Stanley Martin) tailors? 

Edited by comicparadox
Middle name

On 4/2/2023 at 8:19 PM, Sarg said:

I didn't know "Stan Lee's Personal Tailor" was a pedigree. (:

There was an entire thread about this.  I don't know why some people feel they have to keep needling the rest of us about it.  It's almost like they're trying to sew the seeds of discord.  Before you know it this community is going to come apart at the seams.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:55 PM, comicparadox said:

Weren’t both Joe Simon’s father and Mr. Lieber (father of Larry and Stanley Martin) tailors? 

I have to admit my knowledge of the professions of the fathers, grandfathers and other ancestors of people who created comic books is not as strong as some have. This book suited my collection.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, vdevictor said:

Hi, people!

I'm a Spanish X-Men fan and this is my fist reply in this thread: my complete X-Men Silver Age run. 

Right now I'm upgrading some very low grade copies in my run but I'm very happy with this complete set.

Regards!!!

IMG_20230502_193608.jpg

IMG_20230502_193111.jpg

IMG_20230502_193118.jpg

Your #1 and #3 are out of sequence ... I think that means you have to start collecting again from the beginning.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:23 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This finally showed up today from the previous CL auction.

x - 20.jpg

On 4/2/2023 at 8:19 PM, Sarg said:

I didn't know "Stan Lee's Personal Tailor" was a pedigree. (:

I just sold an Avengers 'tailor' in my sales thread.   thread