• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 1:57 AM, Microchip said:

Which issues are you currently missing?

Actually my Avengers run is complete.  I'm just down to upgrades at this point.

The only issue I don't have in at least 9.4 is #9, which is a killer.  That one is a 9.0.

I am also upgrading Bronze Age 9.4s to 9.6s, and I need just 10 more of those.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:23 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Actually my Avengers run is complete.  I'm just down to upgrades at this point.

The only issue I don't have in at least 9.4 is #9, which is a killer.  That one is a 9.0.

I am also upgrading Bronze Age 9.4s to 9.6s, and I need just 10 more of those.

And which early issues are you looking to upgrade?   

Purely selfish reasons here, I don't want to go up against you bidding on a book you're pursuing.     I'm not a full Avengers collector, but love the early issues, and a few favourites are coming up soon.     

Looking at this book due on the Clink soon. I actually remember arguing with myself when it last came up for sale on the site (early 2000's).   The chipping on the outside edge just doesn't sit well for the assigned grade, though still a great book, and pedigree.

image.thumb.png.c3374cd632769205ea5862c2fea700ac.png

On 2/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, Microchip said:

And which early issues are you looking to upgrade?   

Purely selfish reasons here, I don't want to go up against you bidding on a book you're pursuing.     I'm not a full Avengers collector, but love the early issues, and a few favourites are coming up soon.     

Looking at this book due on the Clink soon. I actually remember arguing with myself when it last came up for sale on the site (early 2000's).   The chipping on the outside edge just doesn't sit well for the assigned grade, though still a great book, and pedigree.

image.thumb.png.c3374cd632769205ea5862c2fea700ac.png

No worries.

The only early issue I am trying to upgrade is my #9 ... I have a 9.0 and would like to move up to 9.4, at which point I will have #1 in 9.0 and #2 through #131 in at least 9.4.  As I said above, there are ten issues between #93 and #131 that I'm trying to upgrade from 9.4 to 9.6.

One of my favorite things on these Boards are comments from collectors who have searched for certain books, and the challenges of finding them with various attributes.  Especially relative difficulty in higher grades, or certain wraps/cuts that are "rare" or desired.  Frequently when I look at a Key book on an auction site or elsewhere, I can evaluate it based on things I've learned on here.  Appreciate it.

I wonder if we don't need a pinned thread that aggregates this kind of thing, like the "how to pack and ship comics" thread.