• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

I saw no separate Avengers #57 thread, at least not in the last 20 pages, so I figured I'd post this here -- VERY strong price ($3400) on CLINK last night for this beauty.

I haven't been following this book much, but it seems that nice copies are on the rise along with every other key...

Dan

00011862390000101117291006.jpg

I posted this before - maybe even in this thread - but when WandaVision was on, we had several young cousins over here doing "art class" and I pulled this out and explained that "this is where Vision comes from."  Hopefully, it will cause at least one of them to be interested in the hobby.  Had this book since the mid-70s.  The LCS owner wrote "Rare" in pencil in the top right corner of the splash page :)

AV - 57.jpg

On 4/25/2022 at 11:19 PM, comic_memories said:

I forgot the X-Men showed up here, Wouldn't it be the 5th appearance though?

https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/groups.php?group_name=6

this has it listed as being released concurrently with X-Men #3, but ahead of it by one slot in the reading order.  I need an Avengers #3 for my X-Men set

On 5/2/2022 at 11:33 PM, speedcake said:

https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/groups.php?group_name=6

this has it listed as being released concurrently with X-Men #3, but ahead of it by one slot in the reading order.  I need an Avengers #3 for my X-Men set

Avengers 3 specifically states that T.O.S 49 takes place before itself and it's released a month before anyway  What decides the order after that and why?  Whats the logic?  since both books came out same month. 4/5 appearance are murky to me, but I welcome any feedback. 

On 5/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, comic_memories said:

Avengers 3 specifically states that T.O.S 49 takes place before itself and it's released a month before anyway  What decides the order after that and why?  Whats the logic?  since both books came out same month. 4/5 appearance are murky to me, but I welcome any feedback. 

dunno! I wasn't linking that source to end debate. Its just one source that I knew about. The precise order of certain very early appearances are likely a little fluid anyway.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:54 PM, speedcake said:

dunno! I wasn't linking that source to end debate. Its just one source that I knew about. The precise order of certain very early appearances are likely a little fluid anyway.

I understand. I like that link you posted. The first 3 appearances are very easy the next two might not have a simple answer but at the very least they both tie for same month. 

On 5/3/2022 at 8:22 AM, comic_memories said:

X-men 1  - July 2, 1963

X-men 2 - Sept 3, 1963

TOS 49 - Oct 8, 1963

X-men 3/Avengers 3  - Nov 3, 1963

These are approximate newsstand dates. Going by these dates, X-men 3/Avengers 3 would tie for the 4th app of the X-men in comics. 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:44 AM, Primetime said:

X-men 1  - July 2, 1963

X-men 2 - Sept 3, 1963

TOS 49 - Oct 8, 1963

X-men 3/Avengers 3  - Nov 3, 1963

These are approximate newsstand dates. Going by these dates, X-men 3/Avengers 3 would tie for the 4th app of the X-men in comics. 

I agree and said almost same thing a little further down on posts.... keep in mind Avengers 3 is considered a cameo (3 panels). That could have some bearing on importance of order?   

RCO005_1475756709.jpg