• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the TRANSFORMERS Fans: Now you can Read all 80 ISSUES!!!

36 posts in this topic

I'm sure plenty of people on this board will be only too kind to point out that this is a massive violation of copyright and that no individual has the right to reproduce copyrighted material in its entirety on a website for any reason without permission. But I thought I'd mention it anyway as these days, our perception of copyright and ownership seems to have eroded to nothingness.

Heck I enjoy it. tongue.gif I'm glad they made this site smile.gif Although I can read the books for free, I still buy it so I I hope they aren't sued or something frown.gif It seems like people just love doing that these days frown.gif

Tell it and rail all you want against the likes of napster, cnet.com, kazaa.com.

Use this site for research. It is obviously inferior to the real thing, and provides nothing more than that. It is a fan site. AS long as he doesn't take it and sell it on his own or profit off opf it by merchandising TF paraphenalia...it is a fan's tribute but making $$$ off it crosses the line, IMO....

Well said Darth. I'd give you 5 stars, but I already have wink.gif

I use it to read, what's wrong with that??? I have a set of CGC books from this run. Just because I read them for "free" doesn't mean jack. I still support the Transformers by purchasing all of the High grade Marvel books & I buy nothing but 9.8's of the new Dreamwave series as well as extra raw copies, so please don't lecture me about legalities when I frankly don't give a .

I agree totally and all these "copyright enforcers" bug the hell out of me. Why not do some real good instead of wasting time moaning and groaning about some guy who put up some Transformers scans (and might actually create more awareness of the comic)?

Just last night, I rolled up a big shipment of clothes, toys and yes, comics, and brought them down to the Salvation Army. Instead of typing copyright crapola, why not do the same and help some real people in need?

Yeah, I knew one of you knuckleheads would bring this up.

Here's the difference for the IQ challenged:

I have opinions on things on this forum that I affect me personally, such as buying comics, CGC grading, etc. Others on here do as well, and even though I may not agree, I respect that.

The only people who have a personal stake in a posted issue of Transformers would be the license holders, and if you're not one of them, then what's the big fracken deal?

Are these brand new issues that you can still buy on the stand? Because if they aren't then even buying them as back issues won't show the publisher, artist, writer any money. Slabbing them doesn't pay royalties to the creator, buying them at cons doesn't pay royalties to the creator. The only time they get paid is when the book is sold new.

So unless you are lobbying to pay royalties on back-issue sales, then putting this site up is the same as buying a back issue. Nada for the creators.

Here's the difference for the IQ challenged:

F'in hilarious! Classic CI!!! smile.gif

The only people who have a personal stake in a posted issue of Transformers would be the license holders, and if you're not one of them, then what's the big fracken deal?

OK for those keeping track, who holds the license to the old Marvel TF Series? Is it still Marvel? ToyBiz? Did they sell it to DreamWave? Which is an offshoot of DC? and so then TimeWarner/AOL owns it now? Or is it the creators? The writers? the artists? Who cares?

...and is Ralph Macchio (TF writer) the Karate Kid???

...and is Ralph Macchio (TF writer) the Karate Kid???

Nah, but from the letterpages I've read, he was a real fanboy and wrote in a ton. I remember a few letters in the Marvel books (after Eight is Enough/Karate Kid) asking if it was the same guy. grin.gif

And as for my above slams, I just get so pissed that there are some really evil things going on right outside your own door, and we have semi-illiterate Copyright Police fighting the good fight for billion-dollar corporations.

Just last winter here, some loser (probably a guy late for a meeting) jacked an old lady into the snowbank on a super-busy downtown corner. About a week later, the snow removal trucks dredged up her frozen corpse and we hear the stories of woe from passersby who "thought she was a bum" or "didn't realize who she was" when asked if they saw an old lady laying in the snowbank begging for help.

That makes my blood boil, and if you want to do some real good, lend a hand to your fellow man.

Rickdogg, hello it is your friends the Transformers. We appreciate that you like us so much but unfortunately it is getting a bit old. Please stop talking about us all the time, it's like that dog that just doesn't quit humping your leg. I can understand how cool the concept of big robots that change into stupid little vehicles can be, but there just isn't enough of us to go around if you keep up with the obsession. So if you could, please tone down the Transformers 4 Life campaign that you are currently running. We are starting to fear for our own safety.

Sincerely,

Transformers

Also, Transformers like stars so if someone could give us a nice rating it would be vastly appreciated. And once again, cease and decist ricky.

Yours Truly,

Transformers

Man first Darthweasel & now some other bozo. I guess there's a dumb born every minute.

I'm sorry if i'm passionate about what I like to collect. Hmm, atleast I don't comment on I don't know about. By the way you just lost two extra posts by using this ALIAS shocked.gif OH NO! Hurry up and post! Get a life & some BALLS and stop hiding behind an alias you pu$$y. Atleast you can try changing your writing style.

By the way, stop responding to the last post like you always do. Good one slick . wink.gif

Yours truly,

Suck my 8===D "Richie Rich"