• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

Could be. There were 6 9.6s in August. The 9.8 is in addition t those (which proves nothing, I know.)

Interestingly 3 of those 9.6s are for sale right now.

Based on the comiclink listing the consignor of the Curator 9.6 is the owner of the 9.8 and he just got it.

Anyone else notice there's a 9.8 Daredevil #1 in the Census now? Anyone know anything about it?

Heard about it in NYC. Yup, the seller of the Curator is likely the new owner of the 9.8.

Any idea where it came from?

Some idea but not 100% sure yet.

I was actually in the process of buying a high grade copy and lost out on it through a strange circumstance. I believe this might be the same book that I was after but haven't been able to confirm it.

That's all I'll say about it.

I don't think there is any interesting back story to the book.

Any idea where it came from?

Some idea but not 100% sure yet.

I was actually in the process of buying a high grade copy and lost out on it through a strange circumstance. I believe this might be the same book that I was after but haven't been able to confirm it.

That's all I'll say about it.

I don't think there is any interesting back story to the book.

Is this the circumstance I'm thinking of or another?

Surely the sellers of the 3 9.6' #1's would be crazy to consign them knowing that there were another couple of copies in other auctions. Can't be the best way to get the best price, considering everyone will go for the best looking copy.

Another, but similar.

Roy'd again :o

Aye, verily. And this last tale is even more comical and unbelievable than the others.

A tale to be told over a tall ale one day.

Surely the sellers of the 3 9.6' #1's would be crazy to consign them knowing that there were another couple of copies in other auctions. Can't be the best way to get the best price, considering everyone will go for the best looking copy.

I put all three 9.6s on one page for easy comparison.

I was p.m.'d and told that the Heritage copy was a 9.4 that was pressed into a 9.6, can anyone verify that ?

I still don't get the flood of these right here right now?

Was the 9.8 the reason?

I agree it doesn't make sense that 3 are all of a sudden are are on the blocks,, competition is good granted, but still.

Anybody with more know how when it comes to this have any notion?

Well, the Curator is for sale because the owner upgraded, the Heritage copy is for sale by a dealer who bought the copy for resale and I'm sure Doug is selling his copy to make a profit as well.

(shrug)