• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Um ... is anyone else seeing this?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901164

EDIT:  DD #1 9.4 OW/W sold for $59,000.

That's before the bp added to that lot. The total after bp is $59K * 1.15 = $67,850. Much higher than it used to be, but at roughly half of 9.6, I think that's probably in line with the current FMV, no?

39 minutes ago, Superman2006 said:

That's before the bp added to that lot. The total after bp is $59K * 1.15 = $67,850. Much higher than it used to be, but at roughly half of 9.6, I think that's probably in line with the current FMV, no?

Yes ... the 2:1 ratio between 9.6 and 9.4 sometimes applies, sometimes it doesn't, so I wouldn't say it was a given this 9.4 would go that high despite the 9.6 result on Heritage.

Maybe I missed one but I think this is the first 9.4 sale during this red hot market, so the price certainly helps cement the new normal for this book.

I am so, so glad I bought mine a few years ago and also extremely glad that I decided to go for the 9.4 instead of settling for 9.0.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Hi All, apologies, as this has probably been covered somewhere in the last 15 years, but does anyone have a scan/pic of a UK copy of Daredevil #4?  I believe there are no UKPV's ( i.e. pence printed copies), but allegedly there might be some ink stamped ones out there?  Sgt Fury came over as a stamped one that month, so it's possible. Many, many thanks.  

11.jpg

26 minutes ago, Malacoda said:

Hi All, apologies, as this has probably been covered somewhere in the last 15 years, but does anyone have a scan/pic of a UK copy of Daredevil #4?  I believe there are no UKPV's ( i.e. pence printed copies), but allegedly there might be some ink stamped ones out there?  Sgt Fury came over as a stamped one that month, so it's possible. Many, many thanks.  

dd4.PNG.6b3b1c915c70bb40cd93c51f59f30bb2.PNG

3 minutes ago, Malacoda said:

OK, I'm not going to bother trying to make new friends in future.  I'm just going to come to you.:takeit:

That wasn't an easy example to find as it goes Rich...

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

That wasn't an easy example to find as it goes Rich...

You're not kidding.  I reckon that must come as close to non distributed as it's possible to get. It's also a real swine to search for outside of ebay etc.  The amount of hits you get for 'daredevil' coupled with just the number 4 is about a bazillion. I was considering taking the easier option (...just building a time machine). 

I'm really happy to add this one to my collection - I've been looking for it for about a year now. It closes the door on my run - I now have all DD's and all variant covers, all one-shots and all minis, with variants (except newsstand)!

CE2F20AE-9AFD-40F7-9D86-88BC6793A5A7.thumb.jpeg.ba08e823d16c29cf441120f1b76c15e6.jpeg

Edited by Matt1982