• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, RoLaren said:

^ I paid $1,900 on ComicLink. Can someone tell me if that was a good deal? Literally have no idea what an 8.0 signed by Stan is worth cause there's no sales history to go on.

There was a sale last month of $1,320 for a blue label 8.0, so I think you're in the ballpark.  I don't collect signed books so I don't have a sense of whether a 44% premium is typical or not.

Basically I don't think you got a steal or anything, but you also didn't overpay wildly.  Plus DD #7 is a highly sought-after book and one of the most notoriously difficult issues in the run to find in high grade.  And you're also buying it at a time when both Daredevil and Sub-Mariner are all but assured to be making their respective debuts in the MCU.

The more I think about it the more I think you're going to be very happy with what you paid in the long term.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:38 PM, RoLaren said:

^ I paid $1,900 on ComicLink. Can someone tell me if that was a good deal? Literally have no idea what an 8.0 signed by Stan is worth cause there's no sales history to go on.

i think you did just fine.  silver classic, should appreciate past what small premium you may have paid in no time.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:22 PM, skyline23 said:

I won two copies of Daredevil 1 last week at different auctions (both in transit to me still,below are images from the auctions), literally days before the Charlie Cox/MCU news came out. No idea if I got extremely lucky on timing and if that "announcement" will have an impact on book prices, or if it's "already priced in" and I maybe even overpaid considering how high these books already rose this year, but  regardless I'm happy to be adding these two to my collection.  

image.png.2164ba7d9072b14114f6fe047731f713.pngimage.png.118664b1f29040c7fb7396cbba05568a.png

Even if an increase was already priced in (which I doubt it was), I think we are at the point now where issues like DD1 are just going to keep steadily climbing over time. Hard to see them retracing for any appreciable length of time at this point. What these books are going for now seems crazy expensive to us, but just wait and see what it'll be going for in 10 years.

My DD1 is at CGC and should be back in my hands by EOY. It's probably a 3.0 if I had to guess. Bought it back in the late 00s and thought prices were crazy then. Wish I'd known then what I know now and I would've for sure forked out some $ to get an actual nice copy.

Just wanted to pop my head in here. I've recently come back to reading and collecting and picked up marvel for the first time since 2014 and have fallen in love with Daredevil. I'm hoping to join the ranks of collecting him very shortly. Any recommendations on what to look for? I've been so Flash focused for the past 6 years that I've overlooked so many other things. My flash collection tends to be low-mid raw/graded. Would be looking at that same area for DD.  

On 12/7/2021 at 4:52 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Just wanted to pop my head in here. I've recently come back to reading and collecting and picked up marvel for the first time since 2014 and have fallen in love with Daredevil. I'm hoping to join the ranks of collecting him very shortly. Any recommendations on what to look for? I've been so Flash focused for the past 6 years that I've overlooked so many other things. My flash collection tends to be low-mid raw/graded. Would be looking at that same area for DD.  

Welcome!

Are you just looking for keys, or hoping to put together a run?  Planning on reading the stories, or hunting slabs?  Focusing on Silver Age, Bronze Age, Copper / Modern Age, or all of the above?  Lots of happy hunting to be had depending on your answers.  :)