• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 4:52 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Welcome!

Are you just looking for keys, or hoping to put together a run?  Planning on reading the stories, or hunting slabs?  Focusing on Silver Age, Bronze Age, Copper / Modern Age, or all of the above?  Lots of happy hunting to be had depending on your answers.  :)

Thank you! Right now with my upcoming PCS to Korea, and move after my tour there, I'm not looking to much into runs at the moment. Keys and Silver age would be my first focus I would say. Also any with great Punisher covers as I'm also a big fan of him.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

People like #12 because IIRC it's the first Silver Age appearance of Ka-Zar. 

I might include 13 in there as well. Ka-Zar's origin and any book in which Kirby joins Romita is like having Jordan and Bill Russell on same team! Is there any DD with a better cover than 13? Like ever?...16 is noteworthy because it's the first Romita spidey art and I think 12 is considered Romita's kick off to his run CapAm notwithstanding. 

On 12/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, nearmint said:

This Heritage buyer can't be happy.  He paid $28,800 just a few weeks ago, then another copy in 9.8 sells last night at CL for $10,638...

dare1.thumb.jpg.a9a9aa36852d67a06d71697ba4d15c35.jpgdare2.thumb.jpg.eadef772edbb473565210004d217b4b5.jpg

Yup

I follow these early dds 9.8 closely for years and years. First 20 DDs in high grade have been moving strong the last year

they were pretty dormant for years and years before that

was expecting 6-8k on this book because 9s   Are very common in 9.6 and even 9.8 in comparison to the other first 19 issues 

The 28k aside 11k is still a solid price

wonder if the 28k played a part in that

i am assuming this 28k was collector at that price which means a couple of more grand on top of that for sales tax 

On 12/15/2021 at 12:58 PM, Icculus308win said:

Curb appeal on that book doesn’t remotely look like a 4.0. Nice Christmas gift🤘

I thought so as well. We're low-mid grade collectors when it comes to keys, so the grade was in our range and the price I picked it up for wasn't bad at all but it just presents so well that I had to jump at it.