• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
14 14

3,111 posts in this topic

Decided I want to start collecting Daredevil...I'll be going for #1 - #100 to start off with...so hopefully I'll be revisiting this thread in the coming weeks/months :shy:

:applause:

Though I sold my high grade copies when I started collecting GA I still own 1-94 in 8 bound volumes.

Always good to read.

I'm reading these as I go and plan to go up until the "Born Again" storyline....then we'll see.

right now I'm getting into the early #100's.

So far this character has been alot of fun. I'm also reading FF and ASM but there's just something really cool about DD. Maybe because he's not as popular as the others and more chances were taken with the storylines. No matter what, I'll never get tired of the great concept of a "blind" superhero. Very cool!

Decided I want to start collecting Daredevil...I'll be going for #1 - #100 to start off with...so hopefully I'll be revisiting this thread in the coming weeks/months :shy:

Well I was hoping to complete #1 - #100 in under 10 weeks time...and didn't make it :cry:

I managed to get 98 out of the 100 books since the end of September but two have eluded me, mainly because I don't want to pay $12.00 shipping for a $3.00 book.

This was by far the easiest and cheapest Marvel run I have put together, but I had a lot of fun in the progress. Almost all books were bought here on the boards from about 12 different sellers and I bough the early ones at auction. Can't believe I only owned one DD (which was given to me as a freebie)a few months ago. It was a series that completely passed me by. Never read a single issue as a kid and only read the Miller DD run as reprints a few years ago. Shame on me :blush:

Very happy with the huge discounts off-guide I was offered, only paid $375 for my DD #1 in CGC 4.0 :acclaim:

Once I get the last two books I'm going to read them back to back...that should be fun (thumbs u

In this

you can see how I'm opening a box filled with a lot of SA books, 90% are DDs and include the early ones. Change the vid to the high res version to see the details better. (click on "Watch in HD" under the right corner of the vid)

The video looks great. It took far to long to get to the first DD though... lol

That #1 looks great if you get a chance post a scan.

What are the two you are still looking for?

lol

here are the first 5 issues, all were bought slabbed and have been cracked out except #3 which is the worst of the lot

th_dd5-1.jpgth_dd4-1.jpgth_dd3.jpgth_dd2.jpgth_dd1-1.jpg

I still need #49 and #75 but would like to upgrade a few others as well in time.