• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buyer NARUd, but paid and paypal cleared, etc.

35 posts in this topic

I have a low feedback buyer who was NARUd due to problems with someone else (I guess). While they took a while to pay me, the paypal payment has been made and it isn't one of these things that never clears.

They've paid, so I'm going to ship, but is there anything I should be watching out for? Not enough stuff ($56) to really be worth some sort of paypal chargeback scheme, but you never know.

i know i had someone send a bank transfer a while ago and it never wound up clearing. he bought thousands and thousands from various people, maybe $75-$100 from me. i guess he'd figure some would ship before it cleared. needless to say, he got a zillion negs. someone here was also a "victim", but didn't ship either.

I would wait about a week or so before shipping

I agree. He made you wait to receive payment, so there shouldn`t be any harm in making him wait to receive the book, so that you can make sure he doesn`t pull some kind of chargeback stunt.

I agree. He made you wait to receive payment, so there shouldn`t be any harm in making him wait to receive the book, so that you can make sure he doesn`t pull some kind of chargeback stunt.

And one week will prevent a chargeback stunt? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So how long should he wait then, o guru? The point is he should wait until it`s safe to ship.

So how long should he wait then, o guru? The point is he should wait until it`s safe to ship.

Guy has 45 days after payment to initiate a chargeback so what makes you think a week will mean anything. Maybe he's waiting for the shipping notification. tongue.gif

Just be sure to get delivery confirmation. Assuming the package actually reaches its destination, if he tries to do a chargeback, you can respond with proof of delivery and Paypal will side with you. So don't bother waiting the week. Just ship it with delivery confirmation.

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, you would have to send it registered mail to insure you are not charged back. Just delivery confirmation would not protect you.

You are correct. Registered with signature confirmation.
So, why are you such a cheap arse? confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I have a little more trust/faith in my fellow human then you do confused-smiley-013.gif

You are correct. Registered with signature confirmation.

acclaim.gif

Mark today's date on your calender!

yay.gif

Why? This is the first time in 7840 posts that you`ve made a correct statement? poke2.gif

Except that it is incorrect. A delivery confirmation will do. It does not have to be insured and registered in order for Paypal to find in your favor.