• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buyer NARUd, but paid and paypal cleared, etc.

35 posts in this topic

You are correct. Registered with signature confirmation.

acclaim.gif

Mark today's date on your calender!

yay.gif

Why? This is the first time in 7840 posts that you`ve made a correct statement? poke2.gif

Nope, I was right once before: Nov. 11th, 2004. insane.gif

My "Street Cred" is growing by leaps & bounds!!! hi.gif

From Paypal: What are some best practices for avoiding chargeback losses?

Or more to the point: What information can a seller provide to increase the chances of winning a chargeback dispute?

There is no reference that the proof of delivery has to be registered and insured mail. You guys must be thinking about getting your $ back from the post office, not preventing a chargeback through Paypal.

So, why are you such a cheap arse? confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I have a little more trust/faith in my fellow human then you do confused-smiley-013.gif

Greegy reads a lot of other people's tax returns, so he has reason to suspect EVERYONE!

"Follow the Seller Protection Policy guidelines by retaining proof of postage that can be tracked online and delivering to the buyer's address listed on the Transaction Details page."

That's the part. They don't say how you retain proof, but I think some other's here who've been charged back will tell you "proof" means registered mail. confused-smiley-013.gif

From Paypal

"The item was never delivered.

Provide realistic delivery time estimates and use tracking that provides proof that the items were received. Delivery information such as signature confirmation and tracking numbers on shipments should be recorded and shared with customers."

It's possible that there has been an error. I got suspended 3 days ago without any email explanation, and eBay has ignored all my pleas for information. Then the seller I bought the ASM/Hobgoblin OA from 2 weeks ago wrote to me and said he had been, too. And since then two other people I know have been suspended--all without any explanation or response from eBay. Could there be a foul-up there?

acclaim.gif

Mark today's date on your calender!

yay.gif

Why? This is the first time in 7840 posts that you`ve made a correct statement? poke2.gif

Except that it is incorrect. A delivery confirmation will do. It does not have to be insured and registered in order for Paypal to find in your favor.

Technically, delivery confirmation doesn't necessarily mean it was shipped at the address. I would go with Signature Confirmation with a specific individual (the buyer) who needs to sign for it.

True, but I've spent a lot of time lurking on the eBay boards, and I know what I'm talking about. There was one case where the package was dropped off at an apartment building. Apparently one of the buyer's neighbors walked off with it. The buyer tried to do a chargeback. The seller provided Paypal with the delivery confirmation tracking umber, and Paypal sided with the seller. Sucks for the buyer, I know.

I dont think it states that..

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!