• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 1 original Art..Wow.

44 posts in this topic

this choice is not really informative, because for allt of us who think the price asked for the XMen artwork is way too high, giving us a choice between just the artwork at that price and an equal dollar value of comics (that we all feel ARE worth 700K) leaves us all choosing the comics hands down.

Thats a very good point. The poll should really have been a straight choice between $700,00 worth of comic books or $700,000 worth of original art.

this choice is not really informative, because for allt of us who think the price asked for the XMen artwork is way too high, giving us a choice between just the artwork at that price and an equal dollar value of comics (that we all feel ARE worth 700K) leaves us all choosing the comics hands down.

Thats a very good point. The poll should really have been a straight choice between $700,00 worth of comic books or $700,000 worth of original art.

But the thing is, if I had to have either $700,000 worth of books or art it's not the same as saying X-Men #1 art or any other art. Personally if someone gave me $700K that I had to spend on Art I would try to reconstruct Batman 426-429, but hey, that's just me . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But I am an accomodating guy so . . . .

DAM

It's kind of strange that Geppi bought the Good Housekeeping art, since he made headlines a little over a decade ago for buying the Good Housekeeping art the first time around.

Sounds like a game of hot potato to me.