• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #300 ----- I hope I am not fooling myself,

21 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif

Again, that jagged edge is from production, and is common to this book. It's not edgewear. confused-smiley-013.gif

ok, noted , but i dont see this getting anywear near a 9.0, ive owned a 8.5 in the past and it looked much better then this book imo, just my opinion though, could be wrong confused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gif

Again, that jagged edge is from production, and is common to this book. It's not edgewear. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's gettin' so you can't even get an honest grade around here! makepoint.gif Somebody needs to reign in the newbies . . . grin.gif

893whatthe.gif

It's gettin' so you can't even get an honest grade around here! makepoint.gif Somebody needs to reign in the newbies . . . grin.gif

I've brought that up a few times. People often base their prices or own grades on the advice given here. Look at comicdey and that FF he had up earlier. People don't realize that overhang wear is NOT a serious defect and were giving the book 5.5-6.5s. I just shook my head.

893whatthe.gif

I've brought that up a few times. People often base their prices or own grades on the advice given here. Look at comicdey and that FF he had up earlier. People don't realize that overhang wear is NOT a serious defect and were giving the book 5.5-6.5s. I just shook my head.

At least they didn't say it was trimmed.

893whatthe.gif

At least they didn't say it was trimmed.

27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif

Also might be a good idea to try to keep the scan close to actual comic size as it throws newb's off as to the size of defects. I myself perfer a larger scan though... confused-smiley-013.gif

That jagged edge is typical for this book so I don't really look at that too much (except for that one really big chip yikes!). A majority of the issues pop on the back cover. The ULC and LLC are curled and then the spine has a lot of little spine stress marks.

True, big scans magnify defects, but I think it's the quantity of little defects that add up. I just think it's a bit rough.

My grade: 8.0