• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL!!! Greatest Marvel Comics of the Silver Age

Greatest Marvel Comics of the Silver Age  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Marvel Comics of the Silver Age

25 posts in this topic

I voted for Avengers 4 because it revived my all-time favorite, Captain America, years before I even knew he existed. But,having read all the books listed, I think the greatest storyline of these was easily FF48-50. To me these represent the height of Silver Age comics. I've always enjoyed team books and never considered the FF favorites but the run these books starts is superb.

If anyone picks JIM 83, I'll lose faith in the taste of all you people. That's one of the stupidest, campiest key comics ever made. I mostly like Thor, but that issue was doofy. sumo.gif

The JIM 83 villians were goofy but the cover is 1 of the best of the Marvel keys. Hero centered w/ bright red cape in front of a light blue background. Same color tones as ASM 1 cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yea, no argument there. I want a copy, but that's one slab I'll never crack open to experience after reading the Marvel Masterworks reprint. frown.gif