• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherish a Chesler!
2 2

638 posts in this topic

I can't believe this thread isn't getting more traffic. Have you looked at these covers folks? The first one posted by Adamstrange is a classic that can hold up to Lou Fine's Hit #5 any day.

Maybe they are so uncommon that they just haven't hit anyone's radar yet.

except he ripped Fine off.....as did many artists......

I can't believe this thread isn't getting more traffic. Have you looked at these covers folks? The first one posted by Adamstrange is a classic that can hold up to Lou Fine's Hit #5 any day.

I will admit that he swiped, but I would still contend that Sultan's overall design for Scoop 2 is a bit stronger than that of Hit 5. This is not a case like Bob Kane flat out copying the gorilla from the cover of Wonder 2.

That doesn't change the fact that Scoop #2 is a great cover. Any artist can do a cover swipe. Few artists can do one that is as beautifully rendered as Sultan's Scoop #2 and other covers. He was a first-rate comic book artist whose work can hold its own against most others.

By the way Jon, do you have Dynamic #3? That is another well drawn cover by Sultan, showing two gracefully drawn adversaries locked in combat.

That doesn't change the fact that Scoop #2 is a great cover. Any artist can do a cover swipe. Few artists can do one that is as beautifully rendered as Sultan's Scoop #2 and other covers. He was a first-rate comic book artist whose work can hold its own against most others.

By the way Jon, do you have Dynamic #3? That is another well drawn cover by Sultan, showing two gracefully drawn adversaries locked in combat.

Here it is.....

1413757-dynamic3.jpg

1413757-dynamic3.jpg.7cdb0bf98fafd8fcf4e9c557a64db43f.jpg

okay is this enough to get you started.....(Tuska)...

this cover is a copy of splash that he did for an earlier issue

1413721-1bullseye11.jpg

What a great coverr! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Here are a couple Cheslers - both are for sale

Please don't post your inventory in one of the "post your ..." threads. The marketplace thread provides a place for you to do that. flowerred.gif

This is a matter of forum etiquette as these threads would be overflowing should all dealers decide to start posting here.

That said, an occasional posting of a book in response to a specific request from someone would be a different matter.

Thanks!

Charlie Sultan, cover and interior art.

Great3.jpg

Wowzers... that is a GREAT book, Adam!!!

STEVE Got Larson?

You'd love the story. Futuro kidnaps Hitler and takes him to hell. The devil is delighted until Hitler stages a coup. Eventually the devil ends up kicking him right in the anatomy and back into our world.

How uncalled for. Robert Beerbohm is an esteemed member of the comic community as an overstreet advisor and the person who found the tom reily (san Fransisco) collection with over 25 years experience in the industry and a very nice individual on top of that. He posted a few cool pieces it this thread the fact that he added that they were for sale should be overlooked unless you wish to purchase them.

How uncalled for. Robert Beerbohm is an esteemed member of the comic community as an overstreet advisor and the person who found the tom reily (san Fransisco) collection with over 25 years experience in the industry and a very nice individual on top of that. He posted a few cool pieces it this thread the fact that he added that they were for sale should be overlooked unless you wish to purchase them.

I'm sure someone as thoughtful and polite as Bob would be happy to follow forum guidelines. There is a thread for members/dealers/anyone to list books that they have for sale on their website.