• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherish a Chesler!
2 2

638 posts in this topic

What is this ACA you speak of?

amazing comics auction, ending every sunday nite on heritage at 10 pm [central]. over the last few months, MANY d copy chesler's have gone up, and a few raw mile highs from the mclaughlin hoard as well. generally, prices much lower on sunday nite than for signature auctions [the big quarterly or so ones].

can't let a year go by between posts on this great thread. i had planned to wait 'til my runs were compete [all chesler runs EXCEPT the star titles and feature funnies], but it's been really slowing down. so, here's the work in progress.

cheslers.jpg

can't let a year go by between posts on this great thread. i had planned to wait 'til my runs were compete [all chesler runs EXCEPT the star titles and feature funnies], but it's been really slowing down. so, here's the work in progress.

cheslers.jpg

a little trivia....for whatever reason Red Seal starts with #14 which continues from Spotlight 3 (the art for #14 originally had Spotlight 4 on it and they slide in a "1"......jb

NOTE UPPER LEFT CORNER OF LINK CROSSING OFF "SPOTLIGHT"

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=2&Order=Title&Piece=38382&GSub=5092&GCat=0&UCat=0

cheslers.jpg

What a beautiful collection, with my personal favorite being Punch #9 :luhv:

cheslers.jpg

I am partial to the first two Dynamics and Scoop 2.

Great books Billy.

cheslers.jpg

I am partial to the first two Dynamics and Scoop 2.

Great books Billy.

I like the Yankees...

gator

Super collection! Cheslers are really tough to find in decent shape. I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to put together.

Do you have a Dynamic #8?

i do not; one of 10 overall i need. see signature below. and thanks.

Super collection! Cheslers are really tough to find in decent shape. I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to put together.

indeed a tough book, here is my beater....jon

48265-dynamic8.jpg.fafe5e8bd15a4aa58834b5d4798df686.jpg

nice

jon, i bid on one earlier this year that was in a green 'missing page' slab, and i don't think i came close to winning it. i think it went for about 75% of guide. wish now i'da hit it a little harder.

Here is the Kayo you need (with the Seven Year Itch scene)....

The other curious thing is the numbering....okay does this work....Scoop 1-3 ends and then resumes with 8.....how about these digests....Chesler put out a bunch when he went into the Army....Obviously, "4-7" fits...

48275-kayo.jpg.b03fb5f8317fa542f47e808d12ebc1c6.jpg

48276-yank4.jpg.086c41b5bdb3fac0abd9b7a0f9388429.jpg

48277-yankee6.jpg.130553a60045d42ac3cdf8ebb7ee3981.jpg

Here is the Kayo you need (with the Seven Year Itch scene)....

The other curious thing is the numbering....okay does this work....Scoop 1-3 ends and then resumes with 8.....how about these digests....Chesler put out a bunch when he went into the Army....Obviously, "4-7" fits...

Nice Jon!!! :headbang:

I don't currently own any Chesler's but there are several I'd really like to own.

To me they are just an extension of Centaurs which is another reason why I like them!!!!

Keep them coming Guys, Great Thread!!!! :applause:

Here is Dynamic 2 and Punch 2 that I see on your want list

Now here is the Dynamic 2. Follow the link to the original cover art....

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Title&Piece=38384&GSub=44237&GCat=0&UCat=0

This is the back cover of Dynamic 2, which should lay to rest whether the digest size books Chesler produced while in the Army are "Chesler books" (ut-oh...go the Chesler completists)

So, lets go on Yankee, Mirth of a Nation, Riggin Bill, etc...

48282-dynamic2back.jpg.b798ac5b0edf88941079f809f52253d2.jpg

48283-abc.jpg.96b9e9124b378d3375c472ec5e0526bd.jpg