• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherish a Chesler!
2 2

638 posts in this topic

I am partial to the first two Dynamics and Scoop 2.

i'm with ricky; the book that made me want to collect cheslers was the mclaughlin mile high dynamic 1 that sold on heritage a year or so ago. i HAD to get it, and, like a lay's chip, i couldn't have just one....

chesler.jpg

i'm with ricky; the book that made me want to collect cheslers was the mclaughlin mile high dynamic 1 that sold on heritage a year or so ago. i HAD to get it, and, like a lay's chip, i couldn't have just one....

chesler.jpg

:applause:

chesler.jpg

What a sweet looking copy! (thumbs u

Here's from a later Chesler - Major Victory # 3 -

love that splash. and on a side-note---i think the cover of zip-jet 1 is killer and it is actually taken from the splash page of punch 10. i've never seen it there tho', as mine is in plastic. would a punch 10 owner scan that bad boy and put it up?

got me another one; yippee.

2027758.jpg

The art you are admiring is by Charles Sultan who was rumored to be related to Lou Fine. Related or not, he adopted some of Fine's best talents altho much of what he did owes its debt to Fine. Compare Scoop 2 with Hit 5. jon

51478-dynamic2cover.jpg.acdd0323f8c8ce3c9297e76095858ff9.jpg

The art you are admiring is by Charles Sultan who was rumored to be related to Lou Fine. Related or not, he adopted some of Fine's best talents altho much of what he did owes its debt to Fine. Compare Scoop 2 with Hit 5. jon

I bet Charles Sultan and Lou Fine were both fans of Alex Raymond, especially the 1936 Water World of Mongo sequence in Flash Gordon.

scoop2.jpgflashgordon2.jpghit5.jpgflashgordon.jpg

I bet Charles Sultan and Lou Fine were both fans of Alex Raymond, especially the 1936 Water World of Mongo sequence in Flash Gordon.

Great eye! what year was that out?

The book was published in a black and white edition by Nostalgia Press in 1971.

It was reprinted with color in 1974.

The Devourosaurus panel was originally published May 9, 1936 and the Sharkson panel July 26, 1936.

Bangzoom, P.I.

BZ pointed this one out to me a couple of months ago. This page is from Funny Picture Stories #6, April 1937. Check out the 4th panel!!! A swipe of Flash Gordon for sure!!!

bobsteelepg6.jpg

BZ pointed this one out to me a couple of months ago. This page is from Funny Picture Stories #6, April 1937. Check out the 4th panel!!! A swipe of Flash Gordon for sure!!!

bobsteelepg6.jpg

interesting and entertaining!

bobsteelepg6.jpg

Great stuff, Owl ....is Frank Frollo the artist?

To be honest not sure. Comic seems to indicate it's by Geo. Brenner. However this art is not signed anywhere so I don't want to say for sure.

Also the Grand Comic Database doesn't have any info about this issue concerning the artwork. So... (shrug)