• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New poster here-general comic fan

18 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have been watching/reading for about a month now and decided to sign up. I am not a marvel, dc superhero fan boy (although I enjoy them). My interests are 40s-70s all genre comics with no interest in X-Men and slight interest in war/disney comics. I was just wondering if my interests coincide with anyone here.

David

Hi all

I have been watching/reading for about a month now and decided to sign up. I am not a marvel, dc superhero fan boy (although I enjoy them). My interests are 40s-70s all genre comics with no interest in X-Men and slight interest in war/disney comics. I was just wondering if my interests coincide with anyone here.

David

Your interests coincide with many of us David. Welcome aboard. Share some images of your books. Enter into some discussions.

hi.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome. Hopefully soon I can post some pics in the near future.

143ksk- Archie comics are great. Years ago my brother bought me Jughead #4 and Betty and Veronica #17

I enjoy seeing and talking about a wide range of comics. My collection includes thousands of comics and hundreds of cgc'd books which range from 3.0-9.8. I am the type to collect Comics and not grades.

My first prized cgc book is Superman #33 which coincidently was my first ever purchase over 3 years ago (june 2003). Flash #12--I like this one because it has Flash on the cover instead of Hawkman. Captain America #15 which was won with the help of hops insane.gif--I was glad because at the time I was being outbid on quite a few items. Dell Giant Walt Disney Christmas Party #5 Captain Marvel #54 1946--I think it is neat to see 68 big pages in full color for only a dime.

I have westerns, archie, harvey etc...--trying to get a little bit of everything-except X-men. To be fair I did get Marvel Team Up annual #1 with Spidey and X-men. thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif No interest in X-men?!? You guys just haven't read the good ones. yeahok.gif

Welcome to the boards David! So what are some of your most prized CGC books?

Like my mom used to say at dinner and she was trying to get me to eat broccoli "you dont know what is good" I would say, yes I do, and that aint it. Same with the X-Men poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif No interest in X-men?!? You guys just haven't read the good ones. yeahok.gif

Like my mom used to say at dinner and she was trying to get me to eat broccoli "you dont know what is good" I would say, yes I do, and that aint it. Same with the X-Men poke2.gif

Here, here. beer.gif

I had the requisite X-men in the 1980s. GS1 and 94 to 200 or so. Coming back to comics full force in the 2000s, my tastes have changed and I've made decisions as to where to focus my dollars.

Honestly, at some point, I'd be interested in getting those books again, but my priority for them is very very low. I'm actively putting together a Brave and Bold run and there's loads of great GA GGA to chase.