• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 Mile High copy

283 posts in this topic

Here it is and it is AWESOME.......

http://www.triksr4kids.com

Um...has anyone registered to look at his books? It's interesting that to look at his collection, you need to tell him about your collection. So, why build the site in the first place?

Used to, you could just see them without registering. Now you do. He has some really nice books. He used to own a Crowley Whiz Comics 2/1. And several high grade Church Books. Isn't he the one that owns the Allentown Tec 27?

There are no strings attached.Im happy to show what I have.All you have to do is ask.I dont want to post my books on my own all the time because I dont want to give the impression that ive got a big head about my books.Thats why I wait to be asked.Heck, Im just trying to have fun with you guys. Its nothing more complicated than that.

It must be nice!

action1kidsupes1andaction1.jpg

It's always cool to see Action 1 Kid and his books and also the fact that he is so down to earth and always willing to listen, talk and answer questions about his books, even to people who are "ants" to him in comparison on the collecting scale 27_laughing.gif Some GA folk have a superiority complex frown.gif

It's always a pleasure to see those thumbsup2.gif

Thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on these boards.I have to take the time to let you know i appreciate it. Thanks

Peter

I could have sworn he had a Key Allentown Batman or Tec. I just can't remember. Also, he used to have Mark's copy of the Whiz Comics Ashcan.

I believe you're thinking of the Allentown TEC #29 that Eric Roberts has on his site from what I remember. I think it's a CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif

you don't purchase the most amazing book in the history of comics just to say "why bother"

There are people who buy works of art that are much much more valuable than the MH copy of Action 1, and they don't show them publicly either. makepoint.gif

not the same thing at all. the true comparison would be someone owning say the monia lisa and never letting anyone see it.

nice try though

acclaim.gif

Here is a question. If it were your comic worth $2,000,000.00 plus, would you show it to people?

I wouldn't, unless it was a very close friend that I trusted immensly.

There are sickos out there who would kill him to get their hands on that book. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here. But, people have been killed for a great deal less.

Then of course there is just plain theft.

Absolutely. I would just love to see a quality scan or digital picture. It would be nice to actually see how good the book is.

If it was mine, it would be tucked away in a safe deposit box (as I'm sure it is). But first, I'd make a good scan to share with people.

Absolutely. I would just love to see a quality scan or digital picture. It would be nice to actually see how good the book is.

If it was mine, it would be tucked away in a safe deposit box (as I'm sure it is). But first, I'd make a good scan to share with people.

I agree.

The Mile High Tec 27 had work done to it.That I do know.

I got that information from one of the books former owners

According to Forman and Rogovin, the book was unrestored (and they were the last two owners before it was placed in a private collection).

I thought OK Dave Anderson sold it to Rogovin. confused-smiley-013.gif

you don't purchase the most amazing book in the history of comics just to say "why bother"

There are people who buy works of art that are much much more valuable than the MH copy of Action 1, and they don't show them publicly either. makepoint.gif

not the same thing at all. the true comparison would be someone owning say the monia lisa and never letting anyone see it.

nice try though

acclaim.gif

no, your comparison's off, too. if there were multiple copies of the Mona Lisa, and this one was the best surviving example, then maybe it would work. but there aren't, and so it doesn't.

either way, it would be nice to see the book finally after hearing about it for freaking ever, but i can't blame the guy for keeping it under lock and key