• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 Mile High copy

283 posts in this topic

All this pedigree talk is making me regret I sold the Mile High Green Hornet # 1 !!

wow! - I used to own that also, but sold it to Mark Wilson about 10 years ago.

Very nice copy, but probably "only" a 9.0

A well traveled book !!

You will notice that the 6.5 Action 1 has 25 cents written in handwritting on the cover, likely because it was sold second hand in a store at some point in its history.

Interesting trivia:

This copy was actually the first color photo Overstreet ever pictured way back in Price Guide #6.

The 2 copies above mine both have[ negitive notes] associated with them on the slab ,

Are they actually "negative notes" or are they just regular grading notes? (I haven't seen the other 2 so I really don't know).

so in a way the highest graded copy with [no notes of any kind] is mine. [and Eric Roberts]

Was yours graded after CGC dumbed down the label by taking off the grading notes?

The 2 copies above mine both have[ negitive notes] associated with them on the slab ,

Are they actually "negative notes" or are they just regular grading notes? (I haven't seen the other 2 so I really don't know).

so in a way the highest graded copy with [no notes of any kind] is mine. [and Eric Roberts]

Was yours graded after CGC dumbed down the label by taking off the grading notes?

The notes for the 7.5 and 8.5 are on the slab itself.

you don't purchase the most amazing book in the history of comics just to say "why bother"

There are people who buy works of art that are much much more valuable than the MH copy of Action 1, and they don't show them publicly either. makepoint.gif

It must be nice!

action1kidsupes1andaction1.jpg

It's always cool to see Action 1 Kid and his books and also the fact that he is so down to earth and always willing to listen, talk and answer questions about his books, even to people who are "ants" to him in comparison on the collecting scale 27_laughing.gif Some GA folk have a superiority complex frown.gif

It's always a pleasure to see those thumbsup2.gif