• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do I even ask for a better pic???

59 posts in this topic

I ask for a better picture. He has two books that interest me. His first reply was: "NO" and that's it, just "NO"... Here is his reply to my second picture request on another book:

"if you want get it ok i dont e mail pics or blow up pics ok im to bussy for that if you dont want it fine but belive me it will sell its cheep for a #70"

Feedback of 40+ , tiny pictures and a bad attitude, nice recipe for disaster. Here is my reply:

"Thanks its always a pleasure to converse with ebay sellers such as yourself. Your superior feedback and tiny pictures make me want to buy everything you have for sale. Lets not forget your great customer service skills. I especially enjoyed the NO repsonse. Direct and to the point.

Take care.

I need everyone (with time and a mean streak) to ask this guy for a better pic or ask about tape, page quality, heck ask about the soup of the day. I would love to hear his other responses....

Link

Doesn't look like a VF/NM even with the cropped scan. upper right corner chip....

I was going to say the same thing. Even with the postage stamp scan I can see enough to bring it down to 6.0. confused-smiley-013.gif

It is a blight, a blight on all that is decent in the world.

It reeks of the slimy underbelly of a big city on a hot summer night with a thin rain drizzling through the humidity and the garishness of neon being reflected off slick sidewalks. grin.gif

Sweet, this is like ding dong ditch when I was a kid.
um, not familiar with that. Care to explain?

Ding Dong Ditch was the game you use to play when you were a kid....you and some friends go thru your neighborhood under the cover of night and ring the doorbell and run away. We called it "Ring and Run". The are also other, less flattering names for said game.

I just asked him for a bigger scan. I also questioned him on the grade; seeing that there are several spine ticks and something with the top right corner. Let's see what kind of nasty reply I get....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder if that phrase is local to Chicago. That's what I called it as a kid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's definetly a mid-west term. My girlfriend is from Minnesota, and is always talking about ding dong ditch when she was a kid....

I wonder if that phrase is local to Chicago. That's what I called it as a kid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's definetly a mid-west term. My girlfriend is from Minnesota, and is always talking about ding dong ditch when she was a kid....

Must be a midwest term (like "pop" for "soda"). Always knew what it was, but we always called it by a different name.

Ding Dong Ditch was the game you use to play when you were a kid....you and some friends go thru your neighborhood under the cover of night and ring the doorbell and run away. We called it "Ring and Run". The are also other, less flattering names for said game.

When I was a kid (in Winnipeg) we called it "Knock on Ginger" . . . don't know why, but all the kids knew it by that name.

When I was a kid (in Winnipeg) we called it "Knock on Ginger" . . . don't know why, but all the kids knew it by that name.

We called it Nicky Nicky Nine doors!

Dont know why either