• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Modern set 2003-2006!

42 posts in this topic

I think most of my favoirtes have already been mentioned, but here goes:

The Walking Dead

Y: The Last Man

Fell (Warren Ellis)

Fear Agent

Girls (Luna Brothers)

Ultra (Luna Brothers)

30 Days if Night (Volume 1)

Marvel Zombies

cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Buck, I completely agree with another Ultra series. It was solid. I'd enjoy it immensely more so than Girls.

Pat

"Girls" is ending pretty soon (at issue #24 I believe), and they already have something else lined up. I met the Luna Brothers (really nice guys) at the Baltimore Con, and although they couldn't tell me much about the next series they're working on, they said as long as I liked Girls and especially Ultra, I would love it thumbsup2.gif

I think most of my favoirtes have already been mentioned, but here goes:

Ultra (Luna Brothers)

cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

I hope they do another mini on this series. I looked forward to every issue when it came. Good read throughout.

Yes, Ultra was very well done cloud9.gif

Thanks alot to everyone who contributed ... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have stuff here for the next couple of decades 27_laughing.gif

Thanks alot, due to many recommendations in general the firsts one i will pick up is:

Walking Dead

100 bullets

DD run

Cap A

Y: the last man

More will probably follow, i have copy-pasted all your suggestions into a spreadsheet grin.gif

Thanks again flowerred.gif

drop 100bullets down to bottom, it can wait and doesn't hold water to the others listed and i would add fables over Y as I think the book is fizzling.

Thanks alot, due to many recommendations in general the firsts one i will pick up is:

Walking Dead

100 bullets

DD run

Cap A

More will probably follow, i have copy-pasted all your suggestions into a spreadsheet grin.gif

I'll sell you a complete run of Walking Dead in 9.6 for $600 or trade for you uncanny 94 sumo.gifgrin.gif

Walking Dead

100 bullets

DD run

Cap A

I'll sell you a complete run of Walking Dead in 9.6 for $600 or trade for you uncanny 94 sumo.gifgrin.gif

Trade for my X 94... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

grin.gifblush.giftongue.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gif893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thats a funny proposal.. probably doesnt fly with me though... stooges.gif

Sell is another option 893scratchchin-thumb.gif drop me a PM with details as I think my Hex deal went down the drain 27_laughing.gif

drop 100bullets down to bottom, it can wait and doesn't hold water to the others listed and i would add fables over Y as I think the book is fizzling.

How could anyone beat "The Boys"...................my vote.

How could anyone beat "The Boys"...................my vote.

Yes! I would like to add "The Boys" to my list as well, awesome stuff thumbsup2.gif

Thing: Night Falls on Yancy Street

Definitely agree with that. thumbsup2.gif You may have to find by searching for "Startling Stories". I don't know how The Thing's Startling Stories mini was so good, and the one they did on Banner/Hulk was so BAD.

Was Waid's run in Captain America in the 2003-2006 timeline? I don't even remember. Regardless, I'd highly recommend it, although I'm not sure which "volume" it's in (it's one of God-knows how many relaunches of Cap they've done over the past several years.