• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago Keldog and I sat across from each other at the CGC forum dinner in Chicago.

I did not put the face to the name to the posts until now.

Was he as big of a dik in person as he seems to be on the internet?

A few weeks ago Keldog and I sat across from each other at the CGC forum dinner in Chicago.

He was pretty polite and he did aknowledge that he creats a bit of a stir on the boards when he posts.

sorry if I just had a little freak out, but WHAT!?!?!?!? This is blowing my mind. big time. I just don't get it. sorry. I love the book, but seriously, WTF?!?! Have we gotten so used to crazy prices that this isn't dawning on anyone as insane? rantrant over

Cuckoo_clock_2.gif

Its truly a great book... but yeah this is cuckoo. But no more cuckoo than the ff112 or any number of other recent sales. I'd sure as hell take a 9.4 gl76 over the 9.8 hero for hire for example. There's craziness all around and its hard to get used to.

I know that, I do, but I just had a moment of clarity. It freaked me out a bit. Not to sound like an old timer (Because I'm not, I'm 35) , but when I started collecting, this price got you a supes #1 in VF. I know times change, and condition scarcity and all that, but good god, it's GL76 in NM!!!!

Again I apologize, it just hit me as nuts all of a sudden, that's all.

lol (I totally agree)

He was pretty polite and he did aknowledge that he creats a bit of a stir on the boards when he posts.

Typical. Classic Deathlok syndrome.

Typical. Classic Deathlok syndrome.

One I wasn't calling anyone out and r1970d and I had an understanding at the Chi-town dinner about a few months ago's post , hence the ;) as a jest that he gets how I speak my mind on things as a collector and how he on what he speaks on his mind as a dealer. Heck, we were into it on comic based movies and I didn't hold back on my views what was wrong with the first Hulk movie and X-Men Origin's not going with how the character are in the books, how it might not help our hobby but damage it if new collectors try and get the books that the movie is based from but Hollywood kills it with their take like they did to Spidey #3 and how they did Venom. People who don't follow the books like r1970d was saying to me like the movies. True. People who read the books know a bullet wouldn't go threw James Howlet's skull because if it did the skin and maybe the bone would heal but not the Adimantium; hence a soft part in his skull for the rest of his life like TTH2 has in his head. The Blob took a tank round with out a scratch but latter had a tattoo; a needle must break the skin but TTH2 is too :insane: to even see that either. Come join myself at my table at the next Wizard World Chicago Dinner. We can be Best Buddies. I will Love to talk Face to Face about comics with you. Heck, I will be right next to you all three days to show you I'm not a dik. :baiting: Deathlok? :insane:

I think its rise to greatness is all covered in this thread..... it shot up to 9K, then stalled, and now, post 30K 9.6, it may have cemented a new level. Or one for centered and white 9.4s, and another for the rest.

Yes i completely agree with this statement. Although if you look carefully the one that just sold for $14,000 on comiclink has a slight mis-wrap at the top left. One thing i have NEVER seen on a White paged GL #76 CGC 9.4 is a copy that has the registration line right on the spine from top to bottom with no appearance of white spine anywhere. I have been told by someone that there is a copy out there which sold on ebay 9 years ago although its whereabouts now is unknown. If such a copy does indeed exist i think it will break the 16K mark.