• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I may only have an 8.0 but it's perfectly centered :applause:

Scan10047-2.jpg

:preach: Not...really from your pic. The top looks like it is rolling to the back and I see slight white showing rolling to the front (tsk) near the bottom. You can tell from the black line that ends the cover art. :tonofbricks: Hey none of the GL 76 are perfect but still a nice 8.0, unless people want to PRESS the ISSUE that they got a centered book ;) now.

interesting discussion. I se now that even once we locate a GL76 with that perfect spine, that the cover art is way off-centered!! Look at the huge white area to the right of the Comics code vs the DC symbol on the left! And the GL/GA title is way far left. haha

I'm pretty happy with the centering on my copy...took me a while to find this one...I can see how some like seeing the black line, but I personally like the green spine. The black line on this one is runs along the fold of the spine...

GL76.jpg

Yup, a 9.4 copy of GL 76 used to be rare enough that it was highly desirable no matter what the cut. Clearly there are enough copies now that the more discriminating collectors can be, uh, more discriminating.

And it's surprising how many 9.4s have shown up considering the talk two years ago. It just reinforces the notion that no Bronze comic is really rare in high grade and that the CGC census really isn't a good barometer in regards to Bronze.

And I bet there are many many more still sitting in collectors' collections...

Jim

I may only have an 8.0 but it's perfectly centered :applause:

Scan10047-2.jpg

:preach: Not...really from your pic. The top looks like it is rolling to the back and I see slight white showing rolling to the front (tsk) near the bottom. You can tell from the black line that ends the cover art. :tonofbricks: Hey none of the GL 76 are perfect but still a nice 8.0, unless people want to PRESS the ISSUE that they got a centered book ;) now.

Pulease that line is straight all the way down :makepoint:

(shrug) Just say from how the pic looks. :sorry: Looks better then my copy.

:foryou:

Yup, a 9.4 copy of GL 76 used to be rare enough that it was highly desirable no matter what the cut. Clearly there are enough copies now that the more discriminating collectors can be, uh, more discriminating.

And it's surprising how many 9.4s have shown up considering the talk two years ago. It just reinforces the notion that no Bronze comic is really rare in high grade and that the CGC census really isn't a good barometer in regards to Bronze.

Jim

I totally believe this. I have friends who started collecting during the BA and who stopped collecting long ago. All their comics are sitting in their parents' homes untouched. They have no idea what their comics are worth, nor about CGC, etc.

Jim

I totally believe this. I have friends who started collecting during the BA and who stopped collecting long ago. All their comics are sitting in their parents' homes untouched. They have no idea what their comics are worth, nor about CGC, etc.

This jives with what I was told in San Diego by some of the dealers. One said he has two 9.4/9.6 copies in his personal collection (along with multiple HG copies of all other Adams DCs and Marvels) and another dealer had just sold the copy he found in a box that graded out as a 9.4. The biggest question is how many are still out there and whether there will be enough demand to support the current price levels.

A few weeks ago Keldog and I sat across from each other at the CGC forum dinner in Chicago.

I did not put the face to the name to the posts until now.

Was he as big of a dik in person as he seems to be on the internet?

The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity. :foryou:

$18,250 for the latest CL GL 76 9.4. I'm speechless. That is $10,000 above where everybody was saying it was supremely overvalued.

i don't know about "supremely overvalued"- but this blew away the $14k from the supposedly perfect 9.4 from the last auction. boy, the $30k for the 9.6 surely got someone's attention.

$18,250 for the latest CL GL 76 9.4. I'm speechless. That is $10,000 above where everybody was saying it was supremely overvalued.

i don't know about "supremely overvalued"- but this blew away the $14k from the supposedly perfect 9.4 from the last auction. boy, the $36k for the 9.6 surely got someone's attention.

I dunno. I'd really like a 9.4 or 9.6 copy and I'm willing to pay.

But for a 9.4, there are 18 and counting. So I'd have to be more picky. I wouldn't accept the slight miswrap if I were paying $18k+.

What happened to the GL 76 that was listed on CL for 10K? 10K is certainly a bargain considering the 18K for the one that sold on the Comiclink focused auction today! I thought prices for this book were crazy when they were selling for 5K in CGC 9.4! My friend who owns a GL 76 in CGC 9.4 is sitting on a goldmine and he only paid about $200 for it way before CGC came on the scene!

What happened to the GL 76 that was listed on CL for 10K? 10K is certainly a bargain considering the 18K for the one that sold on the Comiclink focused auction today! I thought prices for this book were crazy when they were selling for 5K in CGC 9.4! My friend who owns a GL 76 in CGC 9.4 is sitting on a goldmine and he only paid about $200 for it way before CGC came on the scene!

Seems the seller pulled it.