• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

So the old label 9.2 just sold for 6655. I guess the prices are still climbing, what an amazing jump...OW pages to boot..nicely centered, but not perfect though. I thought

I feel lucky I picked mine up last year.

So the one on Comicconnect sold for $6655. Does not make me feel good. I think that was my old copy I sold in 2001 for $600.

That seems like a crazy price. But less crazy than 17K for a 9.4

Guess I better try to bag a CGC 9.0 before prices get crazy for even those! I think alot of owners are holding back to see how high the sky is on this book!

So the old label 9.2 just sold for 6655. I guess the prices are still climbing, what an amazing jump...OW pages to boot..nicely centered, but not perfect though. I thought

I feel lucky I picked mine up last year.

So the one on Comicconnect sold for $6655. Does not make me feel good. I think that was my old copy I sold in 2001 for $600.

That seems like a crazy price. But less crazy than 17K for a 9.4

I can't find this book. Can someone please post a link?

I don't think I'll ever own one at these prices.....

:sorry: or it will be the last book in the Adams Collection, I'll get it on loan from TM and pay for it for 5 years at a $100/month.....

Seems like a good time to sell a 9.2, especially if you have a couple back up copies to keep in the collection :grin:...It would be great to see it break a record, but I'll still hold on to mine. Probably the only one in my collection I'll never let go. Sure is tempting though with these prices..

Was it the 9.2 or the 9.4...? If you wanted the 9.2 here ya go....

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=312648

Sorry dont have the link for the 9.4

Thanks Twisty, that was the link I was looking for. Can't believe that price for an OW copy! Only reason I can think is that the book is an old label when CGC was MUCH more strict in their grading. The new owner I'm sure plans to crack it out and either press/resub or just plain resub for a 9.4 (or 9.6??!!) to make major money on the flip.

:sorry: or it will be the last book in the Adams Collection, I'll get it on loan from TM and pay for it for 5 years at a $100/month.....

Dover,

Just sell 10 of your Adams slabs that aren't as rare or desirable, then buy a nice GL #76 9.2. You can always replace the others, but this book you NEED NOW before prices get worse. Besides, I am almost reluctant to bow to you as Lord of the Adams Slabs without you owning one :o . Wait, I have seen your Adams Tec slabs, so: (worship)(worship)

Dover,

Just sell 10 of your Adams slabs that aren't as rare or desirable, then buy a nice GL #76 9.2. You can always replace the others, but this book you NEED NOW before prices get worse. Besides, I am almost reluctant to bow to you as Lord of the Adams Slabs without you owning one :o . Wait, I have seen your Adams Tec slabs, so: (worship)(worship)

I lol and I :cry: all at the same time, i have a feeling the 9.2 I owned, slabbed and sold is out there, pressed and looks just like a 9.4 :frustrated:

Dover,

I lol and I :cry: all at the same time, i have a feeling the 9.2 I owned, slabbed and sold is out there, pressed and looks just like a 9.4 :frustrated:

Any pics of it...when did you sell it?

GreenLantern76CGC92ow-wp.jpg

here is the one I sold about two years ago. Who has it and would you sell it back?

(shrug)

I had it for about 10 years, submitted it (no pressing) and sold it. :pullhair::frustrated:

I now consider myself....to be the dumbest collector.....on the face of the earth......

:boo: