• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I'm like Heston with my copy...you know the rest... Then again, my copy isn't considered BA HG

Hell I have two copies...one would probably grade out 9.2/9.4 but I've never thought these prices were credible or sustainable...

And I suspect based on the collections I've seen that others have comparable copies in their collections but aren't as hip to separate themselves from them...

Collectors can be an odd bunch to those who think it's all about the money and realize some revel in the quiet satisfaction...

Jm

According to the updated census there are now 3 9.6 copies of this book. Hmm...

This is why I think it is nuts to play the highest graded copy game on any post 1963 book, especially BA. My personal rule is to sell any 9.6+ copy of a pre-1963 book that I have, since there will always be more eventually and you might as well separate the highest graded at that moment chasers from their money while the getting is good. (thumbs u

Now the only question is how long will it take for a 9.8 to pop up?

I'm like Heston with my copy...you know the rest... Then again, my copy isn't considered BA HG

Hell I have two copies...one would probably grade out 9.2/9.4 but I've never thought these prices were credible or sustainable...

And I suspect based on the collections I've seen that others have comparable copies in their collections but aren't as hip to separate themselves from them...

Collectors can be an odd bunch to those who think it's all about the money and realize some revel in the quiet satisfaction...

Jm

Sweet, but looking at the difference in how CGC grades DCs vs. Marvels it is not as straight forward as one would think. :wishluck:

if a 9.8 shows up. (hah! if!) it will be interesting. IMO a large part of someone having been comfortable paying that 30K for the first 9.6 was that for years we here had been marveling that it was still the ONLY 9.6. and that pumped up the price to obtain it at any cost. It appeared a safe enough bet that it would retain the title.

now 3 9.6s are out there, with the whiff of having had some help, so I dont see a lone 9.8 (achieved by some miracle backroom process) hitting some mathematically projected high water mark of say 60K in this climate of the beginnings of the awareness that the "Days of the Lone 9.6" is retreating into the past.

do any of you have an quesstimate what the first 9.8 will hit?

I would like to think someplace around $35K - $40K max, to be honest, but you never know how high a book can go once it achieves that mythical 9.8 label. It seems like all common sense gets thrown out with bidding at that leve.

....and then I can officially join the Neal Adams fan club.

:whee:

:D

I thought you were already the president?

I was told I had to have a copy of GL 76 first.....

:sorry:

Just get a beater to tide you over in the mean time... (thumbs u

....and then I can officially join the Neal Adams fan club.

:whee:

:D

I thought you were already the president?

I was told I had to have a copy of GL 76 first.....

:sorry:

Just get a beater to tide you over in the mean time... (thumbs u

I can't, I have to go buy the Weird Western Tales #15 CGC 9.8 on CLink for $7,000.00!!!!!

:screwy:

Depends who you're asking. If you're asking Jimjum or Roy, then the answer will be $1,000,000. :baiting:

:P

Depends who you're asking. If you're asking Jimjum or Roy, then the answer will be $1,000,000. :baiting:

$46,000.0 :sumo:

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

my internal moral compass told me.......

(thumbs u

Somewhere on the trail you dropped a zero. Good thing you have that trusty compass. Should be no problem going back to find it. Relatively speaking of course.

(thumbs u

Somewhere on the trail you dropped a zero. Good thing you have that trusty compass. Should be no problem going back to find it. Relatively speaking of course.

=>>>>>> 0 <==========

:banana: the universe is correct again!

Jm

Why not submit your 9.2/9.4 copy & cash in on this madness?