• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I'm like Heston with my copy...you know the rest... Then again, my copy isn't considered BA HG

Hell I have two copies...one would probably grade out 9.2/9.4 but I've never thought these prices were credible or sustainable...

And I suspect based on the collections I've seen that others have comparable copies in their collections but aren't as hip to separate themselves from them...

Collectors can be an odd bunch to those who think it's all about the money and realize some revel in the quiet satisfaction...

Jm

Why not submit your 9.2/9.4 copy & cash in on this madness?

Because I''m keeping it. I have been thinking about selling my FN copy though. Hell, I need to get rid of ALOT of comics but don't have the time right now...

Jim

Hey what about Star Wars #1 CGC 9.6 on C.L currently up to $20.5K last I checked. We may be seeing a NEW record high bronze age sale when that auction ends and it could go for even more than GL 76 went for in CGC 9.6. Stay tuned folks! and follow that auction(smile).

Hey what about Star Wars #1 CGC 9.6 on C.L currently up to $20.5K last I checked. We may be seeing a NEW record high bronze age sale when that auction ends and it could go for even more than GL 76 went for in CGC 9.6. Stay tuned folks! and follow that auction(smile).

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see that.

Actually, since the comic would have cross over appeal to a larger collecting audience/fan base, it very well could top GL #76 in 9.6.

Yeah, but it's a variant. I don't count them because they're artificially scarce and they're followed by only a small segment of the market.

I'm one of those people who can't understand paying a huge premium for a book because it says 35 cents instead of 30 cents.

Yeah, but it's a variant. I don't count them because they're artificially scarce and they're followed by only a small segment of the market.

I'm one of those people who can't understand paying a huge premium for a book because it says 35 cents instead of 30 cents.

well its only a $30k premium (shrug) cheapskate! :whatev:

Besides haven't you heard, its RARE omfg :o:eyeroll:

I'm one of those people who can't understand paying a huge premium anything at all for that a book because it says 35 cents instead of 30 cents Star Wars on the cover. :devil:

OK I don't mean to hate on SW, but seriously, WTF? Has to be the least interesting thing in the world that one could spend 30k on. Even if I was a SW guy I'd easily spend it on mint carded figures or something before spending it on a cheesy mid 70s comic book that is otherwise dirt common? I didn't understand the price on this book when it was 1k let alone now. To me a fair price would be $500 (shrug)

OK I don't mean to hate on SW, but seriously, WTF? Has to be the least interesting thing in the world that one could spend 30k on. Even if I was a SW guy I'd easily spend it on mint carded figures or something before spending it on a cheesy mid 70s comic book that is otherwise dirt common? I didn't understand the price on this book when it was 1k let alone now. To me a fair price would be $500 (shrug)

That comic helped save Marvel when they were near folding and lucked into the license. Comic history and the landscape since then might have been very different if not for Star Wars #1 and the tons of copies they sold at the time. Show it a little bit of love? :whee:

where are the bulls? $7900 for the 9.4 on CC and $2225 for the 9.2 on ebay. the fevered lunacy from this summer has broken.

In terms of the 9.4, seems like we're about back to where we were before the sale of the 1st 9.6 copy.

where are the bulls? $7900 for the 9.4 on CC and $2225 for the 9.2 on ebay. the fevered lunacy from this summer has broken.

In terms of the 9.4, seems like we're about back to where we were before the sale of the 1st 9.6 copy.

Which is probably where the price should have stayed in the first place. Mind you, did the peak 9.4 copies have a chance at pressing to a 9.6? If yes, that would explain the prices. doh!