• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I said a couple of years ago that this book would have over 40 9.4 copies in 40 years. At this rate it looks like there will be 40 9.4 copies in 4 years.

Ah yes but i bet you were not thinking of books that have been pressed. I wonder how many of these were originally 9.2's that were pressed into 9.4's. The 9.4 to have now will be the GL #76 that has White pages, perfect registration and has ALWAYS been a 9.4.

I said a couple of years ago that this book would have over 40 9.4 copies in 40 years. At this rate it looks like there will be 40 9.4 copies in 4 years.

Ah yes but i bet you were not thinking of books that have been pressed. I wonder how many of these were originally 9.2's that were pressed into 9.4's. The 9.4 to have now will be the GL #76 that has White pages, perfect registration and has ALWAYS been a 9.4.

good luck finding that book. i'll give you a clue how to locate it- it'll have a holder that says 9.6

That is a nice looking copy indeed. Very well centered.

Is it me, or is the smart money trying to exit from this book as fast as they can?

good luck finding that book. i'll give you a clue how to locate it- it'll have a holder that says 9.6

:roflmao:

A lot of those 9.4's are not only pressed, but many are resubs. Still THE Neal Adams grail for most collectors, and significant in it's own right. Regardless, there is now a relatively healthy supply of 9.4's, and I belive the book has peaked for the foreseeable future.

I think its fair to say that most? 9.4's in the old blue label are books that have not had anything done to them.

I think its fair to say that most? 9.4's in the old blue label are books that have not had anything done to them.

and i think it's fair to say that most who were going to sell an old label, white paged, perfectly registered 9.4, then they'd crack it, press it and take a shot at a 9.6 for the extra $20k the book will bring

Is it me, or is the smart money trying to exit from this book as fast as they can?

The interesting thing to me is how high the prices are now on 8.0 - 9.2 copies even though the supply is more than enough to cover demand. Granted, it is THE Neal Adams book to own but those prices still seem high to me. I can remember unloading my hoard of 8.0 - 9.0 copies (I had 10 or so at one point) when prices hit $300+ for VFs and thinking what a great price that was. doh!

The interesting thing to me is how high the prices are now on 8.0 - 9.2 copies even though the supply is more than enough to cover demand. Granted, it is THE Neal Adams book to own but those prices still seem high to me. I can remember unloading my hoard of 8.0 - 9.0 copies (I had 10 or so at one point) when prices hit $300+ for VFs and thinking what a great price that was. doh!

I hope you are right...I'm still waiting to find a raw or graded 9.2 whites pages to add to my collection.

The thing to watch right now is not the absolute prices, but the trend in prices.

The thing to watch right now is not the absolute prices, but the trend in prices.

The 8.0 - 9.0 copies have been in there current price ranges for a while now. The most volatility seems to be with the 9.2 - 9.6 copies.

The 8.0 - 9.0 copies have been in there current price ranges for a while now. The most volatility seems to be with the 9.2 - 9.6 copies.

It's hard to say there's been volatility in the 9.6 range when there've only been 2 sales.

9.4s actually held surprisingly steady for a long time, then spiked after the sale of the first 9.6. It seems to have fallen back to the previous range, but we'll have to see some more sales to know for sure. Fortunately it's a book that comes up for auction all the time now, so we'll have plenty of data soon.

There definitely seems to be a downtrend in 9.2s. Which is not surprising.

It's just you. Spoken like someone who doesn't own a 9.2+ copy. :baiting:

For $2200, I think I would've seriously considered that 9.2 copy!

That is a nice looking copy and at a killer price. Anyone here buy it?

cue the calvin & hobbes strip.