• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

The average is $10,000 and I think it will go over $10,000+ because this one looks so sweet and the movie/blackest/brightest hype.

This is where I'm beting on :wishluck: before I started this picture mess :tonofbricks: .

$15000 would be nice because this is the best one to show up in along time and might be the reserve price.

Ive just had another look and im going to revise my original estimate and say between 12K-18K as i agree with keldog and say this is the best one to show up in a long time. Abosolutely perfectly centered with White pages and more deserving of a 9.6 than the last 9.6 Pedigree had. Im not sure how much collectors who want this book know about it so either it will go for a low amount or there will be some last minute frantic bidding.

$7600 reserve not met which is about what I was thinking. The reserve might have scared away a couple of bidders. It's finally coming back down to earth.

I was going to bid on that book and put the $10,000 down on it in hope that was the reserve. Well, the internet went down and I couldn't find another compter to submit my bid(s) :sorry: . I wanted to up grade my miswrap 9.4 copy with a better wrap 9.4 copy. I don't care if this one is pressed or not; well I guess if it comes up again I will get it for $7600 or less :devil::banana: .

If you`re for real, email Doug and I`m sure he can arrange for you to buy the book as an auction after-sale. I`m sure the reserve was less than $10K, so you can even save yourself some money.

Given the above, I suspect that the reserve is currently around $9,999...not sure what it might have been during the live auction. lol

:roflmao:

The average is $10,000 and I think it will go over $10,000+ because this one looks so sweet and the movie/blackest/brightest hype.

This is where I'm beting on :wishluck: before I started this picture mess :tonofbricks: .

$15000 would be nice because this is the best one to show up in along time and might be the reserve price.

Ive just had another look and im going to revise my original estimate and say between 12K-18K as i agree with keldog and say this is the best one to show up in a long time. Abosolutely perfectly centered with White pages and more deserving of a 9.6 than the last 9.6 Pedigree had. Im not sure how much collectors who want this book know about it so either it will go for a low amount or there will be some last minute frantic bidding.

$7600 reserve not met which is about what I was thinking. The reserve might have scared away a couple of bidders. It's finally coming back down to earth.

I was going to bid on that book and put the $10,000 down on it in hope that was the reserve. Well, the internet went down and I couldn't find another compter to submit my bid(s) :sorry: . I wanted to up grade my miswrap 9.4 copy with a better wrap 9.4 copy. I don't care if this one is pressed or not; well I guess if it comes up again I will get it for $7600 or less :devil::banana: .

If you`re for real, email Doug and I`m sure he can arrange for you to buy the book as an auction after-sale. I`m sure the reserve was less than $10K, so you can even save yourself some money.

hm I rather find who the owner is and see what they would want now for it since it failed at auction and save both of us on fees. (thumbs u thanks any ways TTH2. If the owner is reading this forum they should try puting it in the sale forum and let us that might want it :baiting: pm our offers or if we want to buy it at his new set price.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview.asp%3Fcode%3D2010july%26pg%3D7%23Item_852672&id=852672

this the same copy that was a 9.4 that sold "cheap" ? According to the description this copy is worth as much as a 9.4 anyway.

I would take a 9.4 OW over a 9.2 White. My thoughts.

As the only reason I would ever buy a GL 76 is to flip, I agree completely. If I were to overpay for a 9.2, my conversation with a subsequent buyer would go something like this:

Me: Of course the 9.4 price I`m asking for is justified. It`s a really sharp 9.2 with WHITE pages!!!!

Buyer: It`s a 9.2. That`s lower than 9.4.

Me: It`s just as good as a 9.4.

Buyer: Last time I checked, 9.2 is 0.2 lower than 9.4.

Me: Buy the book, not the label!

Buyer: If the book`s so great, then resub it so it goes into a 9.4 label, and then we can talk. Otherwise, I`ll pay a 9.2 price for a 9.2 label and a 9.4 price for a 9.4 label.

Me: :sorry:

That said, I like that Rocky Mountain GL 76 9.2 whiter pager thats up right now. Just seems like a few too many breaks in the spine though. Other than that it looks like a pretty nicely cut copy.

Wow! the new Overstreet 2010 9.2 guide price for G.L 76 is $2K!!! and its listed at #2 in the top 10 bronze age comics section of the guide!
:o How did that happen with all the pressing that killed crazy prices that it was going for? Maybe it is a good time put my unpressed copy for sale or auction because I thinking this book will go crazy again after others read Overstreet's top 10. :baiting: $18,000 anyone for 9.4 :popcorn:.

Thing also I wonder is why Hulk 181 is still at #3 with $1650 at 9.2 guide when sales was so bad that 9.8's and 9.6's just sat unsold or were sold at a major lost from all the pressing. :baiting: $1650 for an unpressed Hulk 9.0 :popcorn: . Well we will see what next years Overstreet will say who is raked at #2 and #3 of the bronze. :banana: Thank heaven that Star #1 is still KING :sumo: at the #1 top spot.

Wow! the new Overstreet 2010 9.2 guide price for G.L 76 is $2K!!! and its listed at #2 in the top 10 bronze age comics section of the guide!

Doesn't that mean the Guide is still well behind actual market, even after factoring in the downtrend in prices in the last year or so?

I see that the Rocky Mountain CGC 9.2 copy sold for $3100. I know a lot of collectors buy the grade, but I thought that this particular copy would go for a bit more due to its pedigree statuds and the fact that it had near-perfect centering. Someone sure got a beautiful copy without having to spend a 9.6 price. Please weigh in!

SLR

Did you win it ?

Nope! Didn't even bid on it. I have a real beautiful copy of my own, but if I didn't own a copy and I had some major bucks lying around, I would have been tempted. Congrats to the winner; I think he got a great book!

SLR

I see that the Rocky Mountain CGC 9.2 copy sold for $3100. I know a lot of collectors buy the grade, but I thought that this particular copy would go for a bit more due to its pedigree statuds and the fact that it had near-perfect centering. Someone sure got a beautiful copy without having to spend a 9.6 price. Please weigh in!

SLR

Pedigree means less for BA books when it's not top of census or near top of census.