• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

Saw that the next Comicconnect auction will have a GL#76 9.6 ow/w. Is this a copy that has sold before or is it new?

I believe this is the copy that previously sold since there are still three copies in 9.6 in the census. Haven't there been three for the past few months or so? I could be wrong so perhaps someone out there who knows for sure can enlighten us.

Thanks,

SLR

Wow! the new Overstreet 2010 9.2 guide price for G.L 76 is $2K!!! and its listed at #2 in the top 10 bronze age comics section of the guide!

Doesn't that mean the Guide is still well behind actual market, even after factoring in the downtrend in prices in the last year or so?

Yes... Most were selling for over 2500. I think that should have been the guide price this year.

That GL 76 9.4 that was well centered and white pages that was on Pedigree site that failed at auction finally got the $10,000 Asking Price for it. :golfclap:

I would of waited a bit to put it on Ebay or here and I think it would of went for more because it looks so nice and has great page quality. ;) Well got to wait till it shows up again on a site that don't get you with fees. I'm hoping the person who has it is going to WWChicago to flip it :wishluck: because I need an upgrade to my copy.

I see that the Rocky Mountain CGC 9.2 copy sold for $3100. I know a lot of collectors buy the grade, but I thought that this particular copy would go for a bit more due to its pedigree statuds and the fact that it had near-perfect centering. Someone sure got a beautiful copy without having to spend a 9.6 price. Please weigh in!

SLR

someone flipped that because it had just sold in another Clink auction for $2485.

Maybe its just me but when everyone has time can they look at the Green Lantern #76 cgc9.6 on Pedigree Comics upcoming Grand Auction and tell me if they think they have seen that book before. I'll let everyone have their say before giving my thoughts.

Pedigree's copy looks like a gift grade especially with color breaking crease in the top staple.

Yeah, but it's tiny, and the book has white pages and exceptional cover registration. I prefer it among the two.

I can't remember, does that represent an uptick or downtick from recent 9.6 prices?

last GPA was $22,750 from pedigree in 11/09. can't remember if there's a clink sale more recently than that one (couldn't find one). i know nobody looks at it like this (but i do) so i'll add that the ped sale was 19x guide while this one was 12.5x guide.

I can't remember, does that represent an uptick or downtick from recent 9.6 prices?

last GPA was $22,750 from pedigree in 11/09. can't remember if there's a clink sale more recently than that one (couldn't find one). i know nobody looks at it like this (but i do) so i'll add that the ped sale was 19x guide while this one was 12.5x guide.

I know the Metro sale last year was over $30K, and as you mention $22750 in pedigree 11/09 and now pedigree $25K and probably at least $20K plus for CC ending later. I guess it seems to be stabilizing in the 9.6, but probably will be all over the map for 9.4. But again, there is a lot of wishful hope to score the 9.4 for an upgrade to a 9.6...so prices of 9.4 should stay high for a while.