• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

Cool stuff. Hope we get to see a scan of the book eventually and that it is a nice 9.8. Sounds like 9.6 and 9.4 prices are going to be coming down a bit in the near future also.

By the way the census seems out of whack, a lot of numbers are off on books.

:popcorn:

Cool stuff. Hope we get to see a scan of the book eventually and that it is a nice 9.8. Sounds like 9.6 and 9.4 prices are going to be coming down a bit in the near future also.

yeah, i'd hate to be the guy that forked over $36k (if that was the #) for serpi's old 9.6 (unless that's now the 9.8 of course)

I'm not surprised at the rising number of 9.6s on the census. If this is what CGC considers a 9.6 now I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more in the near future.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&LotIdNo=85001

There is no way this comic should be sitting in a 9.6 blue label.

My guess, Steve Borock bought this raw and submitted to CGC.

Regarding the prices on 9.4's and 9.6's you are probably correct. An event like the introduction of the 9.8 is probably bad for current high grade holders. How far down do you think the effect will trickle ? Down to 9.2 ?

The census does appear to have some major changes. I did some spot checking and saw another instance where the sole 9.6 is gone, replaced with a 9.4 .

Seems strange. Maybe there's a bad presser out there ?!?

I think 9.2s may stay steady in the range that they're at (if I'm correct around the $2500 range) as its still an "affordable" entry level price for a high demand book but I think the days of 9.4s getting 3x that price and 9.6s getting 3x the 9.4 price are done. Long term I always felt that 9.4s and 9.6s should have been in the 6k and 12k range respectively.

Census was definitely wacked. They already reverted it back to the 8/30/10 date.

I'm just saying that the census is correct in showing a 9.8 . I'm unable to elaborate any further at this time out of respect for the owner's wishes.

Can you confirm if this is a "fresh" 9.8 or a manipulated upgrade of a book that was previously in the census at a lower grade?

I'm just saying that the census is correct in showing a 9.8 . I'm unable to elaborate any further at this time out of respect for the owner's wishes.

Can you confirm if this is a "fresh" 9.8 or a manipulated upgrade of a book that was previously in the census at a lower grade?

It's a new book to surface. Here it is now....

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&LotIdNo=110001

I'm still amazed a 9.8 finally showed up.

Glad to hear it`s a new-to-market copy and not a recycled upgrade. (thumbs u

Looks very nice. Mis-wrapped, unfortunately, but at least the white stripe is straight.

I`ll guess it`ll go somewhere around $50K. Joe made a good decision to sell his 9.6 copy when he did. It`s always good to be the one to start the deluge.

I can't believe either,after ten years of slabbing books this comes out of the woodwork?Just WOW!

I can't believe either,after ten years of slabbing books this comes out of the woodwork?Just WOW!

Lots of collections are still waiting to surface. This collection included high-grade ECs that were bought off the rack too.

Lots of collections are still waiting to surface. This collection included high-grade ECs that were bought off the rack too.

Wow! That GL 76 is gorgeous, and I'd love to see some of those EC's! (worship)

I'm not surprised at the rising number of 9.6s on the census. If this is what CGC considers a 9.6 now I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more in the near future.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&LotIdNo=85001

There is no way this comic should be sitting in a 9.6 blue label.

My guess, Steve Borock bought this raw and submitted to CGC.

Was that supposed to be a joke (shrug)