• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

I'm not surprised at the rising number of 9.6s on the census. If this is what CGC considers a 9.6 now I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more in the near future.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&LotIdNo=85001

There is no way this comic should be sitting in a 9.6 blue label.

My guess, Steve Borock bought this raw and submitted to CGC.

Was that supposed to be a joke (shrug)

He's a shill. :gossip:

I'm not surprised at the rising number of 9.6s on the census. If this is what CGC considers a 9.6 now I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more in the near future.

No joke unless you're living in a bubble.

Ive had a close look at this and it has to be one of the ugliest 9.6 copies of GL 76 that i have seen. If i were the owner of the 9.4 that recently sold pn pedigree's site not only would i be really pissed but id be :pullhair:.

:troll::gossip:

Ive had a close look at this and it has to be one of the ugliest 9.6 copies of GL 76 that i have seen. If i were the owner of the 9.4 that recently sold pn pedigree's site not only would i be really pissed but id be :pullhair:.

The biggest problem I see is the tear at the top staple. It's possible the tear was

minor when graded and got worse after encapsulation ?

The biggest problem I see is the tear at the top staple. It's possible the tear was

minor when graded and got worse after encapsulation ?

If this is the case then Heritage should bite the bullet and resubmit for a downgrade. I know that that is asking a lot as it would leave money on the table, but nobody is going to bid 9.6 prices for this copy anyway, or they shouldn't.

That book should have been lucky to get a 9.0-9.2, and 9.6 is insane.

Does everyone really think that one 9.8 GL #76 is going lower prices of the lower grades? I mean this book is going to be bought and stay in a collection,probably for quite some time. (shrug)

In the race for the top graded copy you always see the prices paid for what used to be the top grades drop. I would be shocked if the 9.6 prices don't drop precipitously with the 9.4s also coming down. It just isn't worth shelling out sick money for the second highest or third highest graded copy, even if there is only one 9.8. Look at what happened to Hulk #181 and will happen to WBN #32.

Does everyone really think that one 9.8 GL #76 is going lower prices of the lower grades? I mean this book is going to be bought and stay in a collection,probably for quite some time. (shrug)

In the race for the top graded copy you always see the prices paid for what used to be the top grades drop. I would be shocked if the 9.6 prices don't drop precipitously with the 9.4s also coming down. It just isn't worth shelling out sick money for the second highest or third highest graded copy, even if there is only one 9.8. Look at what happened to Hulk #181 and will happen to WBN #32.

Correction, has happened to WWBN #32.

Thanks. I don't follow the market on that book super closely so I didn't want to overstate the case and get eviscerated. I figured someone more knowledgeable would chime in.

Thanks. I don't follow the market on that book super closely so I didn't want to overstate the case and get eviscerated. I figured someone more knowledgeable would chime in.

I think it will happen eventually but not until after the movie so there will be a bumpy ride until then. I also dont think it will happen with the same speed as the WWBN #32 either. The last time i looked at the census WWBN #32 had 2 9.8's 30 9.6's and 70 9.4's which is more than enough to go round for anyone who wants a high grade copy. The GL #76 however has 1 9.8 which will be won and probably locked away for a long time 4 9.6's and 18 9.4's. In fact you can deduct 3 from that total and call it 15 9.4's for reasons i wont go into. So if you do a comparable and want a WWBN #32 in 9.4 or better there are 102 copies out there but For GL #76 in 9.4 or better there are only 20. So if you want a high grade copy of GL #76 its not as easy as the WWBN #32 and i expect the latter to rise in numbers even quicker than the GL #76.

45-50k :headbang:

That's my guess. Not quite 50K, but more than 45K.

Smoking book. Agree about the "miswrap" though, but CGC has been consistent on that from Day 1.

At least it is fairly minimal and it is straight. Certainly not a "bad" miswrap. Just not perfect centering.

Took awhile for one to surface. Congrats to the submitter. :applause:

I'm thinking it will be more conservative, around $40K to maybe $45K. The same people who chased 9.6 copies for formerly crazy money will be chasing this book to upgrade, and as a result I doubt it will go too much above the highest 9.6 price.

I feel the same. Maybe uppper 40's, tops.

I agree too. I cannot see this book breaking 50K. There is undoubtedly other copies out there that will eventually get a 9.8 down the road.