• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

Just checked GPA, and it looks like it is on the move nicely in 6.0 and up right now. I wonder how high it will go closer to the movie? :wishluck:

really? i picked up a 9.2 for the same price i sold it for 3 years ago. the book has gone up 2.5x in guide during the interim.

True enough. The November/December prices are up across the board in 6.5 through 8.5 on GPA, and I see that dealers are asking $400 or a bit more for FN copies now. It looks like the book has not moved much in 9.2 on GPA, but Clink has three copies listed on the site with two $3K+ sales and one at $2567. On the other hand, maybe the $2K price mark is the barrier? (shrug) As much as I like this book, I am not willing to shell out more than $2K for a 9.2 copy right now since there will likely be more surfacing sooner than later.

Instead of starting a brand new thread i just want to get the opinions of some members regarding high grade Green Lantern 76's. With all the pressing thats happening would you prefer a pressed 9.6 or an un-pressed 9.4. Just curious.

If I don`t have to pay for the 9.6, I would take it so I could burn it.

Anybody else with their thoughts.

If I knew about a book being pressed/manipulated I would not buy it,so I would want the un-pressed 9.4 instead of the pressed 9.6.It's not always about the label at the top of the slab. ;)

They`re becoming like Hulk 181s!

I posted this 8 months ago in this thread:

I talked about this before, and we all do it whether we know it or not, but I value this book based on another key book out there. I compare and believe that real pricing of the 9.4's will fall in line with Hulk 181 9.6 copies. Both books are extrememly key books for their own reasons. Hulk 181 was produced in far more numbers and does not have a green cover hence the grade difference in my valuation. I could see the GL 76 in 9.4 being some where around the Hulk 181 in 9.6 with maybe a slight +20% for nicer copies. If I am wrong, I will never own a GL76 because I do not value the book for greater than I am willing to pay.

my 2c

:tonofbricks:

Wow, this mis-wrap copy continues to drop.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=33712

the book should never have been selling close to what it was before anyway, similar to most every other book that has had precipitous drops in the last year or so.

Yeah, seems like more softer prices as the herds unload. X-men 94 has been dropping precipitously too every year.

the book should never have been selling close to what it was before anyway, similar to most every other book that has had precipitous drops in the last year or so.

Possibly, but what hurts this copy the most is that it has that fugly miswrap. :sick:

It looks horrible for a 9.6.

Yeah, seems like more softer prices as the herds unload. X-men 94 has been dropping precipitously too every year.

I actually think this was one of the poorest examples of a 9.6 for this book so maybe collectors are finally buying the book and not the label. (shrug)

I actually think this was one of the poorest examples of a 9.6 for this book so maybe collectors are finally buying the book and not the label. (shrug)

was certainly fugly. don't remember if the latest one on heritage was as fugly but that wasn't pretty either.