• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age marketplace links
8 8

1,585 posts in this topic

I have a small group of golden-age on my Ebay store. The link is in my signature line, but in general, Batman 13, 14 (was CGC 5.0 slight resto), 29, 34, 54, 68, 89, Detective 164 CGC 5.0, plus a few misc things. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in.

I'm a sucker for Golden Age books. Got a call from a guy that had 3 comics from the 40's. He wanted $200 for them and listed them as International Comics #1 Blondie 42 and Marines 3. I asked for a description of the books and he says its a flamethrower on an octopus. "is the cover still attached? any pieces missing?" No and no he says. So I drive an hour each way and here's what it was. I paid much less than $200 but kind of a waste of time. Then my scanner software dies so I am testing it on this sweet book.

Still good to bring out this classic cover to the collecting community. There's everything to love about this book. Hari Cari rifle shot to the head panel and other massive Marine propoganda and one of the best war covers ever. I'd sell it for $50

usmarines3.jpg

usmarines3bc.jpg

I can guarantee you that most of us here have not, and will never see that Marine cover in person.

Even though in it not what i collect I will trade you for that Ultra high Grade wink.gifInternational comics book

All a part of my Alchemy training

What did it go for Andy?

I gave the forum who bought it a discount, so it went for around $100. He has hooked me up in the past so I cut him a deal, normally I wouldn't have budged off the quoted price of $125. Probably should have asked for more to begin with. Nice colors on that copy.

What did it go for Andy?

I gave the forum who bought it a discount, so it went for around $100. He has hooked me up in the past so I cut him a deal, normally I wouldn't have budged off the quoted price of $125. Probably should have asked for more to begin with. Nice colors on that copy.

Definitely a nice book. thumbsup2.gif

Decent looking copy - not bent up top, which is common on that

book as it's a little taller than many GA books, and for along time was so little regarded that copies were stuck in dealer bins with no backing board.

Here's my WTB marketplace link for a copy of Action Comics #13:

LINK

Action 13? Join the club. That book's tough and in demand. I see twice as many 7's as I do 13's.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif for you, though.

I agree, I also see more copies of Action #7 than #13 as well, heck my LCS had a #7 about 8 years ago, so that should say something,. insane.gif

so Win, this may sound like a stupid question, but would you say that Action #13 is even scarcer than Action #1 ?? I mean in total copies, not just unrestored.

Honestly, I don't know Actions well enough to answer. Adventures and Detectives have been my DC focus. I've got an Action #1, but other than that the next oldest Action in my possession is a #21 in Fair condition. I've been on the lookout for a nice 7, 10 and 13, but not carefully.

In my humble opinion, Action #13 is the scarcest Superman cover.

In my four years of collecting, I'll agree with that opinion. There certainly are some hard to find Actions between 39-50, but Action 13 is probably tougher than those.

It's funny, there are three Action #10s available now or will be very soon (Ebay Store, Comiclink, Heritage) but no #13 to be found.

My opinion is that #8 is the toughest non-Superman cover.

Tougher than #3, you think?

#2 is obviously tough, but prices on that book have increased enough recently that some supply has become available.

You're right in that there are probably less #3's left in existence. However in my experience, I've seen less #8s actually come up for sale. No doubt both books are tough.

In my humble opinion, Action #13 is the scarcest Superman cover.

In my four years of collecting, I'll agree with that opinion. There certainly are some hard to find Actions between 39-50, but Action 13 is probably tougher than those.

It's funny, there are three Action #10s available now or will be very soon (Ebay Store, Comiclink, Heritage) but no #13 to be found.

I spent about an hour searching the computer for an Action Comics #13 for you and no luck. Sorry, but I did try, and if I find one, I'll let you know.