• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn

12 posts in this topic

I stopped reading it at around issue 30, are they still making issues? I remember seeing issue 100 a few years ago and thumbing through it, didn't look overly interesting at the time.

So are they still making new issues if yes is it any good? For anyone who continued on with the full run are the issues after #30 any good? Did Wanda ever figure out who he was etc....or is it still dragging on like a poorly written afternoon soap opera?

It's one of the only titles I truely regret purchasing for so long. I literally should have stopped around 25 (probably even sooner). I purchased all the way into the 110-teens. It just lingered, lingered.

Haven't read it since then. I don't look back. I have flipped through it recently. They just don't seem to want to improve the book. Thanks McFarlane!! Probably has to do with being sued huge money over Angela.

Pat

It's one of the only titles I truely regret purchasing for so long. I literally should have stopped around 25 (probably even sooner). I purchased all the way into the 110-teens. It just lingered, lingered.

Haven't read it since then. I don't look back. I have flipped through it recently. They just don't seem to want to improve the book. Thanks McFarlane!! Probably has to do with being sued huge money over Angela.

Pat

If so many people stopped buying it and think the book is terrible, why is it still being published? confused-smiley-013.gif

What are the sales figures, does anyone know???

I honestly ask the same question all the time. I don't know how it survives. Doesn't seem like it's on many pull lists here. Probably because many people here know it's not much of a quality book.

Have to ask the same question about Image as a whole. Granted, they've had more success lately than they have in years. But losing Fear Agent due to low publishing numbers! DOH. What if they lost Invincible and Walking Dead to Icons? What would they really have? Top Cow has become a joke (also one of the more popular books during the Spawn heyday). It's interesting how books continue to linger while good books fade way too fast. Witchblade is another shocker. They've tried to revitalize it but it hasn't been good since Turner left.

Pat

Pat

Yeah, I stopped reading around issue #50, and I thought that was bad foreheadslap.gif

I also have about 15 copies of issue #1 insane.gif