• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn #1 black and white question??

19 posts in this topic

I never seen this issue (or heard of it) until today. Is it a new reprint or was it released back when the original #1 was released? If anyone has one available or has one that could scan a few pages for me drop me a PM

Signature or not, I was surprised someone was willing to pay that amount for a VF copy of Spawn #1. But each to his own.

I once sold a regular copy of Spawn 1 for $100. It was the ultra-rare UPC variant. grin.gif

Signature or not, I was surprised someone was willing to pay that amount for a VF copy of Spawn #1. But each to his own.

I once sold a regular copy of Spawn 1 for $100. It was the ultra-rare UPC variant. grin.gif

and I bet it wasn't even signed.

crazy.gif

It wasn't.

and I bet it wasn't even signed.

crazy.gif

It wasn't.

It's going to be a horrible realization one day that you sold

the one comic that would of made you filthy rich.

grin.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey, you've got to strike while the iron is hot, right ?! I wonder what they're going for now ? 27_laughing.gif

I checked with my LCS and he told me it came out around 7 years ago. It reprints Spawn #1 in black and white. I am still not sure if it was a dealer incentive cover or what it was. Raw copies normally sell between $60-80.

There is the GI Joe special from 1992 that had snake eyes standing on top of a building looking down. As far as I know the cover was done by Mcfarlene. They usually sell in the $80- 90 range and they are tough to find.

I hear that there was a similar black & white reprint of McFarlane's Spider-Man 1 released at the same time but I've never seen one. Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of such a book?

There is the GI Joe special from 1992 that had snake eyes standing on top of a building looking down. As far as I know the cover was done by Mcfarlene. They usually sell in the $80- 90 range and they are tough to find.
I hear that there was a similar black & white reprint of McFarlane's Spider-Man 1 released at the same time but I've never seen one. Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of such a book?

I think the GIJoe Special is from 1995...

and it is a cover swipe of Spawn #1 (1992)...

which is a cover swipe of Spider-man #1 (1990).

(At least he's only swiping his own art.) grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I think the GIJoe Special is from 1995...

and it is a cover swipe of Spawn #1 (1992)...

which is a cover swipe of Spider-man #1 (1990).

(At least he's only swiping his own art.) grin.gif