• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Not Just a Job. It's an Adventure or

32 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I guess you guys noticed the careers tab! For the record, it says "BA/BS degree or Masters is a plus but not required." It does not mean that we would prefer someone with a degree over someone with more relevant qualifications but without a degree. To me, work experience (especially in the field) and a strong work ethic, as well as the other qualifications listed for the positions ARE more important than a degree. The degree is just a plus and certainly helps if there is not much work experience to show (ie. in the case of someone who is recently out of college, for example).

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Hi All,

I guess you guys noticed the careers tab! For the record, it says "BA/BS degree or Masters is a plus but not required." It does not mean that we would prefer someone with a degree over someone with more relevant qualifications but without a degree. To me, work experience (especially in the field) and a strong work ethic, as well as the other qualifications listed for the positions ARE more important than a degree. The degree is just a plus and certainly helps if there is not much work experience to show (ie. in the case of someone who is recently out of college, for example).

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

meaning we who graduamintated frum colege is smartur than GED drop outs

You need a work ethic?!? I thought you'd just sit around all day eating chips, pretzels and raman noodles day and cracking open slabs for reading pleasure. popcorn.gif

Ramen noodles. A college staple.

Yes, I remember them well. And fondly too.

It's a shame neither of those job listings mentions "ability to respond to emails quickly".

Nice one.

I went down list looking for this very same item.

I was also looking for the ability to scan slabs and create e-mail attachments.

My first thought was that maybe requests for back cover scans could now be met.

p.s.

I don't get the impression that anyone is slacking at ComicLink but rather that they're all overworked --a byproduct of success.

A Degree is a sign that the person had the discipline to stick to something for four years.

In reality,how much of what you learned in school is appropo to most jobs,but employees still want the degree.

I think it was the reference to a Masters that got Brian. It's a pretty silly requirement to even mention in a posting for a position like that.

It's not often that you see BA/MA paired with "ability to type quickly."

27_laughing.gif

It's not just a job...., it's sheer drudgery. Let's face it, I can't even face my own accumulation, let alone someone else's. sorry.gif

hope your not a plumber! 27_laughing.gif

Accumulation of comics, you ! makepoint.gif

No - I'm in a worse profession - Human Resources. I guess that kind of makes me an "accumulation" myself. sorry.gif