• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.9 Captain America #100 & Iron Man #1 "The Best" are going to SD Comic Con!

33 posts in this topic

I just checked out the books on their website.

Saw one book that I sold a while back to an eBayer in Hawaii. Didn't realize they were the buyer until just now. Think I got around $80 or so for it. It's listed on their sight for more than double that now.

Also saw a book that I meant to bid for on eBay and forgot to, so I missed out on it.

It sold for $23 on eBay to someone called "auctionville" and is now listed on their site for $95. what.gif

I believe it's the same book and "auctionville" has over 480 feedbacks......all, or at least the vast majority of them, as a buyer. Does anyone know if this is one of their buying accounts?

Anyone see thier website update? $15000.00 for a FF 48 9.8? or a Captian America 100 9.9 for $14,500? I doubt it'll sell that those prices,those books are too common to get prices like that,maybe if they were 10.0's.I looked through all thier stuff and didn't find anything I really wanted to buy. No early Spideys or JIM's or early Hulks,They had a few nice X-men's though in 9.2/9.4..other than that, not much. Just my opinion though. Kevin

Could some one please explain why someone would pay $14,500 for a CA #100 in 9.9 when you could buy (from the same people) a 9.8 for $3,500.

Is the 9.9 scientifically better than the 9.8, or was it just three people "OPINIONS" on different days?

PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!! insane.gif

Shhh. Don't question it. Just let the idiocy permeate your soul and one day you will know the bliss of the unthinking existance.

Is the 9.9 scientifically better than the 9.8, or was it just three people "OPINIONS" on different days?

its perfectly obvious, really... "the 9.9 is one louder, idnt it?"

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and -

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [Pause] These go to eleven.

Classic Donut! One of the best scenes in the whole movie....

Nigel: Do you hear that?

Marty: I...no, I don't don't hear anything.

Nigel: Well, you would if it were playing.....

27_laughing.gif

Chris

sooo - - who knows which of these books actually sold...and for how much?

We need a market report to wrap this up.

The GS X-men 1 CGC 9.8 sold for $11,500.

A Batman 200 CGC 9.8 sold for $2,950.

No other major books sold! sumo.gif

thanx...so was Bryce disappointed? or okay with it given all the publicity he got?

No...they sold a bunch of "smaller" books. The Hulk 181 and the IM/Subby CGC 9.9 were not for sale at any price.

Also, I learned that a lot of the books that they have for sale are actually on consignment. They initially sold it to the current buyer and the buyer consign it back with them. So...they can be patient with some books. smirk.gif

i remember about 2 years ago i was buying 9.8 spideys from them almost every week and then like somebody mentioned above they seemed to disappear.they do have some crazy prices but im glad their website is up and running agian. wink.gif