• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are DC Reprints, AC, GAG, ACG worth anything?

6 posts in this topic

Many of these items printed from 1996 - present have huge cover prices ($4.95+) and I was wondering if they hold their value.

My guess is that these reprints are a must have for people who have the originals slabbed and like reading copies. But most probably have these issues already...

I have a ton of these things and I'm not sure if I should auction them off one by one or as a lot. Any advice is greatly appreciated as to best selling strategy and any general info on the values.

Thanks to all in advance,

Nesta

thanx. I read the list in Marketplace. Most of these are "Milennium DC reprints they did a few years ago to celebrate 60 years of publishing history. Very recent. Whether they will ever be "worth" anything, who knows...but if they ever are, it will take 20 - 30 years at least. One of them (Mad#1) had a typo and was recalled and reprinted. The error first printing MAY have interest/value to someone if you have it...

Some others are not reprints at all as pointed out earlier but new stories designed in the huge cover logo style of the 40s.

The ACG books are b/w recent reprint collections. I see them at stores. Their print runs are small and might someday attain a value.....but they are (I believe) b/w reprints of color stories, in a "cheap' effort to make a little money on what I assume may be public domain work.

In sum, if you price them at cover or less, there will be takers for them...but keep in mind most stores have them in (unsold) stock already for anyone who might want them.

hope that helps!

Good to know. Thanks Aman....

I'm very surprised that these books have a cover price of $5 and up. I would much rather have a low grade copy of the original for $40 and just have less of them, but when you start talking about avid readers buying 100 of these things... $500 is certainly more easy to swallow than $4000.

I agree that the AC may have some value in the future but who wants to wait that long:)

Any idea what the error was on the Mad Millenium issue?

Nesta

they never mentioned Gaines, the origonal publisher who owned all the MAD rights. It was in his contract that he alwatys be listed in all DC published MAD products. They recalled the 1st pntgs and reprinted them...

I guess for a short print run reprints like the ACGs, they need to charge $5 just to try to make a little something for their efforts.