• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOOK AT THIS!!! (Make sure you're sitting down...)

14 posts in this topic

Grab a fresh hankie, a bucket of Rocky Road, and two spoons, then take a look at this link...

Ebay Auction, Sensation Comics #1

What grade would you have given this book, just based on this picture?

893frustrated.gif

I saw that auction earlier this week. It looked like a Famous First Edition copy with the gold cover torn off. That means it would be a .5 because it's coverless.

-- Joanna

Grab a fresh hankie, a bucket of Rocky Road, and two spoons, then take a look at this link...

Ebay Auction, Sensation Comics #1

What grade would you have given this book, just based on this picture?

893frustrated.gif

I saw that auction earlier this week. It looked like a Famous First Edition copy with the gold cover torn off. That means it would be a .5 because it's coverless.

-- Joanna

I agree w/Joanna,...it's a famous first reprint...this guy has tried this before.

J.D.

In that case, I don't feel too bad...and at least I got some ice-cream out of the deal... blush.gif

I thought that the Famous First Editions was a treasury-sized book. Am I confusing it with something else?

893offtopic1.gif

From the auction description:

"Private offers are always welcomed, just email them to me if you would like to buy the item before it ends on eBay."

I thought that this was against eBay rules and guidelines. I thought that I had read somewhere that ending auctions due to outside eBay offers was a breach of eBay policy? While I know that it happens, is it acceptable to put it in the auction description?

In that case, I don't feel too bad...and at least I got some ice-cream out of the deal... blush.gif

I thought that the Famous First Editions was a treasury-sized book. Am I confusing it with something else?

It is a treasury size...if you look at this closley you can just sort of tell it's over-sized.

Plus the treasury sized books are all slightly different on the cover than the originals...someone pointed this out on the Detective #27 recently...the covers are all slightly altered...I don't know what it is on the Sensation...but if you study the two together you will find a difference.

J.D.

This is a real copy of Sendsation #1

sen1.jpg

Notice the color on the tree on the right side behind the gangtrers hat...kind of a purple color.....in the reprint it is the same color blue as the building

if you study the two together you will find a difference

Look at the scan below of the original Sensation #1, and you will see an exclamation point after the text "Wonder Woman." Now look at the Treasury edition in the auction, and you will notice that it is not there.

Original Sensation #1

Treasury Edition from eBay

Thanks...totaly missed that...knew it had to be something easier.

J.D.

There probably was no buyer. It was a private auction and the seller shut it down saying he sold to the highest bidder (himself or shill friend). smirk.gif

The seller probably shut the auction down 'cause he saw the high price & didn't want to press his luck any further. Take the money & run...............