• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, Max Carnage said:

Say basically the seller would list an item and people would offer in the thread and the seller would reply to each offer whether a deal or not.

Rule 6 of the sales rules.

"It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for."

This is more of a usage problem question than a rules one - I'm trying to edit the title of a sale.  When I hover over the title, it says "click and hold to edit" but when I do that, nothing happens.  The sale title has a star next to it, and I don't know what that means.  I there some other trick to editing a thread title??

On 10/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, MattTheDuck said:

This is more of a usage problem question than a rules one - I'm trying to edit the title of a sale.  When I hover over the title, it says "click and hold to edit" but when I do that, nothing happens.  The sale title has a star next to it, and I don't know what that means.  I there some other trick to editing a thread title??

edit first post, and that brings up the title as well

I have a couple questions about freebies.

Is it a requirement that freebies match the section you are selling in?  For example, if you are running a GSB sales thread, can you give away Copper freebies?

Also, is it a requirement that freebies must be comic related?

Thanks!  :headbang:

On 2/27/2022 at 11:30 AM, Roo_Phillip said:

I have a couple questions about freebies.

Is it a requirement that freebies match the section you are selling in?  For example, if you are running a GSB sales thread, can you give away Copper freebies?

Also, is it a requirement that freebies must be comic related?

Thanks!  :headbang:

I don’t think anyone cares that much unless your “out-of-place” freebies are taking up an unreasonable  amount of real estate in your thread.

the rules aren’t draconian, they’re just for a semblance of organization or order and can be helpful for buyers to not waste time, which is ultimately better for sellers too. 

if you’re acting reasonably and in good faith, it won’t be an issue.  At worst a moderator will move your entire thread to “mixed”

Any idea how we can lock an old FS thread now?

In the past, the creator of a sale thread was able to close it to further comments by clicking a button "close the thread" which is no longer available. Now it seems that the only way is to edit the title and label the thread as closed or is there another way?

• Administrator
On 3/19/2022 at 5:14 AM, pickycollector said:

Any idea how we can lock an old FS thread now?

In the past, the creator of a sale thread was able to close it to further comments by clicking a button "close the thread" which is no longer available. Now it seems that the only way is to edit the title and label the thread as closed or is there another way?

On 3/19/2022 at 8:38 AM, Pontoon said:

You are correct on all counts, there is no other way. This has been brought up multiple times, CGC Mike has checked into it, current board software does not allow for that configuration.

I had a meeting with someone from MX about a new mark as sold/mark as unsold feature about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  It works when the settings are in haze view but, doesn't show up in the forum regular view.  I will try to get them to speed up "the fix", so this feature can be added back into the boards.  

Retracting a bid.

What are the guidelines to retracting a bid on the sales forum?

I've recently had some bad experiences with making people offers. Correct me if I am wrong but as a buyer, what's wrong with offering what I feel the book is worth? I don't mind being told "NO". A sale has to work for both sides. I do mind it when a seller finds it necessary to lecture me on how good a deal their price is and try to make me feel like a cheap sob.

At that point I'd rather not buy anything from that seller.

Any thoughts?

• Administrator
On 8/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, mytastebud said:

Retracting a bid.

What are the guidelines to retracting a bid on the sales forum?

I've recently had some bad experiences with making people offers. Correct me if I am wrong but as a buyer, what's wrong with offering what I feel the book is worth? I don't mind being told "NO". A sale has to work for both sides. I do mind it when a seller finds it necessary to lecture me on how good a deal their price is and try to make me feel like a cheap sob.

At that point I'd rather not buy anything from that seller.

Any thoughts?

You may want to make this post in this thread as well.  

• Administrator
On 10/27/2022 at 12:41 PM, Jon Thor said:

In the marketplace, can their be an area where people can post things they are looking for?   Of course, if the item is found, would be nice to be able to mark individual post as "found".

Has this been tried before?

Hello

There is a want to buy forum.  It will be visible to you when you have reached 50 posts.  

Mike

Question: I do have a book that was graded by an other company as a NM- 9.2, the book has been cracked out and is now raw in a Mylar. If I want to sell the book in the CGC Forum and in order to be transparent, can I describe the book as "previously graded by the other company as NM- 9.2" or should I remain silent (and then hiding an important information) or should I just not post the book at all for sale here?

• Administrator
On 3/17/2023 at 5:49 PM, pickycollector said:

Question: I do have a book that was graded by an other company as a NM- 9.2, the book has been cracked out and is now raw in a Mylar. If I want to sell the book in the CGC Forum and in order to be transparent, can I describe the book as "previously graded by the other company as NM- 9.2" or should I remain silent (and then hiding an important information) or should I just not post the book at all for sale here?

I guess it would be ok to add the previously graded by the other company line.  Just don't post a pic of the label.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, CGC Mike said:

I guess it would be ok to add the previously graded by the other company line.  Just don't post a pic of the label.

So it's ok to mention that it was previously graded by PGX as NM- 9.2 as long as I do not show the label?