• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

1.Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2.No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3.It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4.Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

6.List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

7.List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

8.List acceptable forms of payment

9.Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10.Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

11.Thread title must start with "FS:" (for sale) and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

poke2.gif

Books will come off here in 48 hours and go onto eBay.

Wow! I better pull the trigger! Now! sumo.gif Wotta-deal! cool.gif

I told you so . . . devil.gif

Eaaaasssssy big fella. Donut is playing by the rules.

Yep . . . sure is . . . right 27_laughing.gif Why not 36 hours? 24? 12? 30 minutes? insane.gif The proof is in the pudding. yeahok.gif

So time limits aren't allowed? confused.gif (not a rhetorical question, I honestly don't know)

Yes, time limits are allowed, but . . . get my point? wink.gif

I'm trying to follow the rules frustrated.gif:

My question to Arch:

I'm coming to this late, but here's my essential question.

1) I list a book for sale on the forum. It is for sale NO WHERE ELSE.

2) The book sits there for three days.

3) The book doesn't sell.

4) I then put the book for sale on eBay AFTER it has done steps 1, 2, and 3.

5) Where does that thread go?

His response (emphasis added)

I would go ahead and post it here. Make sure to explicitly say how long the sale will last if it has a time limit, and that they will go up on ebay once the time limit expires. Feel free to post on the thread to close it when the time expires, and to communicate what books have sold and what haven't. That's it.

There's a certain timeframe after which you can't edit a post. That's what the 48 hours is - the time in which I can go back into the post and say "the book is now on eBay". , I believe it is 48 hours, but I'm not sure. It is definitely not longer than a couple of days. I can make the time frame six weeks - or forever, I don't care - if people don't mind having old already sold books in threads.

Yep . . . sure is . . . right 27_laughing.gif Why not 36 hours? 24? 12? 30 minutes? insane.gif The proof is in the pudding. yeahok.gif

So time limits aren't allowed? confused.gif (not a rhetorical question, I honestly don't know)

My question to Arch:

I would go ahead and post it here. Make sure to explicitly say how long the sale will last if it has a time limit, and that they will go up on ebay once the time limit expires. Feel free to post on the thread to close it when the time expires, and to communicate what books have sold and what haven't. That's it.

There's a certain timeframe after which you can't edit a post. That's what the 48 hours is - the time in which I can go back into the post and say "the book is now on eBay". , I believe it is 48 hours, but I'm not sure. It is definitely not longer than a couple of days. I can make the time frame six weeks - or forever, I don't care - if people don't mind having old already sold books in threads.

flowerred.gif I understand Dan. There is no need to say the book is available on eBay after X number of days. That's advertising - we all know it's for sale. When it's available on ebay, why not post it in the other thread? For this forum all that needs to be said is that the book is available exclusively to board members say, for the next week, or something like that. grin.gif

2.No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3.It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

4.Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

5.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

9.Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

10.Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

11.Thread title must start with "FS:" (for sale) and must give some indication of the types of items for sale.

893applaud-thumb.gif

And your problem is what? What guideline is being violated in spirit or in reality?

Oh never mind, I forgot. Donut is a dealer. That is a violation in and of itself. Bad person, bad person. Stone him, stone him! yeahok.gif

Are you his mother? 27_laughing.gif There are no rules here, only guidelines. You say what you say, and think what you think, I don't really care for your opinion. grin.gif

Oh, ouch. yeahok.gif

Why don't you give it a rest already with your attitude. If you have a complaint about how someone created a thread, take it up with Arch. We really don't want to hear your continual whining.

You are the only whiner here, my point is a valid one. I respect Donut enough not to put it in his thread. You, on the other hand. have no business with me - Mr. Hollywood Hills collection 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Obviously you can dish it out but not take it. I can comment at anytime on something you write that I disagree with, nor do I really care what your opinion is of me. Might as well continue with your whippy little comebacks that have no substantive value. Feel free to add as many of the little dancing faces as you wish to try and emphasize your point to yourself. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifacclaim.gifmakepoint.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

sleeping.gif

893blahblah.gif I fail to see anything of substantive value in any of your posts.

My question to Arch:

flowerred.gif I understand Dan. There is no need to say the book is available on eBay after X number of days. That's advertising - we all know it's for sale. When it's available on ebay, why not post it in the other thread? For this forum all that needs to be said is that the book is available exclusively to board members say, for the next week, or something like that. grin.gif

Well, the way I read Arch's guidelines was that I had to say it was going on eBay when over, but I can take it off. No big deal either way.

Well, the way I read Arch's guidelines was that I had to say it was going on eBay when over, but I can take it off. No big deal either way.

I wouldn't give it a second thought Dan. You'll never be able to make everyone happy. You sell accurately graded books at fair prices and you ship usually the same day. I think that's enough to make most people happy most of the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

poke2.gif

I see no violation, whether by Dan or myself.

I rarely post items for sale in this section. I am certainly not trying to take up "front page real estate" or creating "multiple threads for no reason". The threads have specific topics and are usually spaced out over time. Nor do I bump them for no reason other than what is permitted by the guidelines. I allow them to completely fade away into oblivion as their time passes.

If anyone believes my threads or any person's thread violate the "guidelines", they should be reported to Arch (and if the person wants to be professional about it they should also privately contact the creator). If Arch agrees he will either delete the thread/post or warn the creator. Instead, we have immature miscreants on these boards who continually harass and annoy people who are only trying to offer some great books exclusively to forumites. It is people like this who will drive away many would-be posters in this thread and the community will suffer.

Mr Esquirecomics,

Lighten up a little. I never said you were violating anything, and never mentioned anything about Dan confused-smiley-013.gif

Relax and stay calm, not everyone is out to hound/harass you and your selling threads.

Sorry for my baiting graemlin, it wasn't meant as an attack, and here I thought lawyers had thicker skin sorry.gif

Mr Esquirecomics,

Lighten up a little. I never said you were violating anything, and never mentioned anything about Dan confused-smiley-013.gif

Relax and stay calm, not everyone is out to hound/harass you and your selling threads.

Sorry for my baiting graemlin, it wasn't meant as an attack, and here I thought lawyers had thicker skin sorry.gif

You are clearly a negative influence on these boards...you even made a lawyer cry. 893whatthe.gif

Mr Esquirecomics,

Nik, actually my apologies to you as I should have made clear I wasn't directing my comments at you specifically. I merely used your post for my response in general (hence why Dan is mentioned, he was singled out above). The text I wrote had actually already been posted in another thread in response to Divad's comments. Since the issue was being "mentioned" here I thought it appropriate to include.

No problems on my end. flowerred.gif

Mr Esquirecomics,

Trouble maker! poke2.gif

Mr Esquirecomics,

You are clearly a negative influence on these boards...you even made a lawyer cry. 893whatthe.gif
Nik does this quite often. gossip.gif

He scared off a lot of the overrated "old-timers" who are too weak-kneed to return. smirk.gif

Mr Esquirecomics,

He scared off a lot of the overrated "old-timers" who are too weak-kneed to return. smirk.gif

That hideous avatar doesn't help. poke2.gif

Mr Esquirecomics,

Be careful or your next to feel his wrath!

Mr Esquirecomics,

Be careful or your next to feel his wrath!

sumo.gif