• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

OK, I'm trying to send invoices for my sales thread and it is only allowing me to send 25 message a day, What kind of garbage is this? I've got 81 invoices to send. Am I supposed to send them out over 4 days? Thats the most insane thing I've ever seen.  Please tell me there is someway to get around this......

welcome to the new boards :facepalm:

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:
  18 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

Thanks for tagging them. I should have thought of that. Hopefully someone will look at this and help me out.  I can't even message a mod.

If need be maybe you could start a thread, perhaps in the test section, and tag the people you need to communicate with and ask them to PM you?

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

If need be maybe you could start a thread, perhaps in the test section, and tag the people you need to communicate with and ask them to PM you?

Wouldn't have to be the test section. He could wait till after midnight, and send one pm tagging everyone.

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Wouldn't have to be the test section. He could wait till after midnight, and send one pm tagging everyone.

If the boards work the way I think they do, they'll go by timestamp and not by the change of the day. If he is restricted for whatever godawful reason, the next PM he will be able to send won't be for 24hours after the first one he sent... at least that's the way the like/reaction limits work.

13 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

If the boards work the way I think they do, they'll go by timestamp and not by the change of the day. If he is restricted for whatever godawful reason, the next PM he will be able to send won't be for 24hours after the first one he sent... at least that's the way the like/reaction limits work.

Good answer!

• Administrator
On 12/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, Dale Roberts said:

OK, I'm trying to send invoices for my sales thread and it is only allowing me to send 25 message a day, What kind of garbage is this? I've got 81 invoices to send. Am I supposed to send them out over 4 days? Thats the most insane thing I've ever seen.  Please tell me there is someway to get around this......

Hm. Well, there is a limit to the total number of new conversations that can be started in a day. That restriction has been in place since we started with the new boards, but it has been set at 50 - so I'm not sure why you saw a limit of 25. We put that limit in to prevent people from using the PM system as some kind of spam machine.

I just upped the limit to 100, though.

OK, for Paypal to be on par, wouldn't they have to not charge a fee;)? So wouldn't offering to discount BY the fee, be treating them on Par? (I'm ducking;) but I don't love this rule. 

I suppose the option is not to do Paypal. My bank has some kind of Paypal like option now.

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

OK, for Paypal to be on par, wouldn't they have to not charge a fee;)? So wouldn't offering to discount BY the fee, be treating them on Par? (I'm ducking;) but I don't love this rule. 

I suppose the option is not to do Paypal. My bank has some kind of Paypal like option now.

Interesting, I've always offered buyers to save the fee for pay-by-check - going on 20 yrs now, but have no problem removing that sweetener for buyer's benefit if it bothers people.  Screw 'em, no skin of off my nose, and save the bank run to deposit the occasional check from savvy buyers.

8 hours ago, grebal said:

Interesting, I've always offered buyers to save the fee for pay-by-check - going on 20 yrs now, but have no problem removing that sweetener for buyer's benefit if it bothers people.  Screw 'em, no skin of off my nose, and save the bank run to deposit the occasional check from savvy buyers.

I guess I see it differently, I don't gain anything by taking off the fees, but with the postage going up, I figure it's better for the buyers. I know it's better for ME as a buyer,  I send checks lots of the time.

Btw @grebal if you have a smart phone, you don't have to "run" to the bank for most banks, just take a picture to deposit.

Edited by skypinkblu
added a sentence

8 hours ago, grebal said:

I guess I see it differently, I don't gain anything by taking off the fees, but with the postage going up, I figure it's better for the buyers. I know it's better for ME as a buyer,  I send checks lots of the time.

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Better for the buyers, exactly the same as I see it.

On 11/22/2006 at 2:31 PM, Architecht said:

You may comment here.

I don't understand why the for sale sections are not more fine-grained. 
Which is to say. I don't understand why Gold Silver and Bronze are all under the same heading in FS.
For the seller it could make it easier. But as a buyer it distracts from my focus.
Methinks the Golden age should be its own section. I could see Bronze and Silver being one section combined,
But I still feel like it's a lot to cover under 1 heading. Why not:
Golden age = 1939 - 1955 
Silver Age = 1955 - 1970
Bronze age = 1970 - 1985

thats basically 15 years per age.

I'd split out pre-2000 books:
Copper/Modern age : 1985-2000
Postmodern/21st century 2000-current.

any thoughts appreciated.

JL

1 minute ago, Jack Linguini said:

I don't understand why the for sale sections are not more fine-grained. 
Which is to say. I don't understand why Gold Silver and Bronze are all under the same heading in FS.
For the seller it could make it easier. But as a buyer it distracts from my focus.
Methinks the Golden age should be its own section. I could see Bronze and Silver being one section combined,
But I still feel like it's a lot to cover under 1 heading. Why not:
Golden age = 1939 - 1955 
Silver Age = 1955 - 1970
Bronze age = 1970 - 1985

thats basically 15 years per age.

I'd split out pre-2000 books:
Copper/Modern age : 1985-2000
Postmodern/21st century 2000-current.

any thoughts appreciated.

JL

less is more.I know I don't want to have to hope all over the darn place looking to see if there's something i'd be interested in purchasing.Or heaven forbid,if I ever do have a sales thread divvy all the books into different threads.

If comcav collected Bronze or Silver I'd want separate boards for those two categories on the chance that he might be busy checking over there at SA or BA and then I might actually win the occasional GA book I still try for (these days if I even try any more I quickly lose and then delete).

40 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

less is more.I know I don't want to have to hope all over the darn place looking to see if there's something i'd be interested in purchasing.Or heaven forbid,if I ever do have a sales thread divvy all the books into different threads.

Hey watch it,  Jimmers...you got that hope all over me