• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. In a single sales thread, each book will have its own post, as opposed to having 20 scans in a single post, which can take forever to load.

Something like this

Post 1) Here are my books for sale, blah blah blah

Post 2) VG copy of Annoying Man 3, $45, with scan

Post 3) VF copy of Annoying Man 9, $100, with scan

etc. etc.

as opposed to

Post 1) Here are my books, VG copy of Annoying Man, scan, VF copy of Annoying Man 9, scan.

Doesn't photobucket's thumbnail scan feature eliminate this problem?

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. In a single sales thread, each book will have its own post, as opposed to having 20 scans in a single post, which can take forever to load.

Something like this

Post 1) Here are my books for sale, blah blah blah

Post 2) VG copy of Annoying Man 3, $45, with scan

Post 3) VF copy of Annoying Man 9, $100, with scan

etc. etc.

as opposed to

Post 1) Here are my books, VG copy of Annoying Man, scan, VF copy of Annoying Man 9, scan.

Doesn't photobucket's thumbnail scan feature eliminate this problem?

Using links are even better. flowerred.gif

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.

No, I knew exactly what you meant, I only wanted things clear for possible rules inclusion.

For example, something like this (no scans):

Amazing Spider-man 128 VF - $30

Amazing Spider-man 129 VF - $30

Amazing Spider-man 131 VF - $30

Amazing Spider-man 132 VF - $30

Amazing Spider-man 134 VF - $30

Would still be allowed in a single post.

So basically, the proposed rule would be "One large scan per post, multiple thumbnails and URLs allowed".

No, I knew exactly what you meant, I only wanted things clear for possible rules inclusion.

So basically, the proposed rule would be "One large scan per post, multiple thumbnails and URLs allowed".

That's a great idea Donut. Let's just make sure we don't make so many rules that newbie forumites wanting to sell some comics don't get intimidated by all the rules!!

Exactly right! thumbsup2.gif

That's a great idea Donut. Let's just make sure we don't make so many rules that newbie forumites wanting to sell some comics don't get intimidated by all the rules!!

Exactly, this gestapo atmosphere is getting out of hand.

Exactly, this gestapo atmosphere is getting out of hand.

Do you even sell books on here?

No, but I do buy them here. Is that enough to satisfy you, Commandant?

You don't read Modern comics, but that never stopped you from bashing them in the Modern Forum.

You don't read Modern comics, but that never stopped you from bashing them in the Modern Forum.

As I've stated many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times before, I do not BUY Moderns, since I do not want to support the short-sighted "aging market" business model, but I do read some.

As I've stated many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times before, I do not BUY Moderns, since I do not want to support the short-sighted "aging market" business model, but I do read some.

Not only that, doing a quick search of your Selling acumen turned up only a single thread where you were hawking action figures. So don't try to insinuate that you are a regular seller of things in the Marketplace.

It is worth noting that there have actually been quite a few WTB posts recently, so the idea of a separate WTB forum may carry more weight now - I know that the last time we discussed dividing up the forums you decided not to break them out as there just wasn't enough volume to justify it, and you didn't want too many sub-categories in the marketplace.

I'd like a separate WTB section as well, so I don't have to wade through listings to find them. WTB hasn't been too successful...I just may need a "big dealer" to help me out with some of the toughies.

Not only that, doing a quick search of your Selling acumen turned up only a single thread where you were hawking action figures. So don't try to insinuate that you are a regular seller of things in the Marketplace.

I've sold plenty of stuff in the past, but old Marketplace threads get deleted. makepoint.gif

I've sold plenty of stuff in the past, but old Marketplace threads get deleted. makepoint.gif

Oh yeah, me too. I've sold tons of stuff in the past. Yeah, that's it.

Since it was actually my idea for a Comic Book Marketplace way back then...

Was the before or after you solved world hunger?

It was after he made the internet.

He's still working on world hunger.

thumbsup2.gif